Chapter 3 - Aftermath

DING!

DING!

DING!

DING!

"The fuck is that?"

DING!

DING!

DING!

DING!

"I don't remember setting an alarm...."

Those were Puck's first thoughts as soon as he regained consciousness.

His eyes were heavy and the only thing that let him know that he was still alive was the continuous sound of notifications from the system.

He let out a heavy sigh before finally growing tired of the unbelievably annoying dinging.

"Status."

As soon as those words were spoken in his mind a screen appeared within his mind, like the clearest thought he's never had in his entire life.

~WARNING! User has lost consciousness due to overuse of abilities!~

~WARNING! Experience gained has been halved due to the use of the skill "Gacha Wave"!~

~CONGRATULATIONS! The user has "single handedly" defeated the S Ranked Dungeon Boss known as: The Red Dragon Of The Apocalypse!~

~Reward Items have been Automatically deposited in your inventory!~

~CONGRATULATIONS!~

~YOU HAVE LEVELED UP!~

~YOU HAVE....

The screens and notifications that flashed before his eyes immediately caused Puck's to begin throbbing, causing him to immediately turn off his status. This put an end to the notifications....

For now anyway.

A pained groan escaped his lips as he slowly raised a hand to his head to massage his temples gently.

He took the chance to try and open his eyes, which helped to relieve the pain from his head, if only slightly.

It helped that the room he was currently in was shrouded in darkness.

The only thing he could tell was that he was in a bed of some sort that was DEFINITELY not his own. The feeling of the sheets and the bed itself felt wrong and the smell of disinfectant was filled his nose.

"A hospital?" He mumbled to himself as he looked to his left at the different monitors and equipment he was hooked up to. He was just glad that the heart monitor didn't seem to be beeping for some odd reason.