Chapter 35 - Showtime

Kaos could hardly stand as she glared at the army surrounding her.

Her breath was ragged and she had several spears stabbed into her back.

The garden around her was in tatters and the tree of Yggdrasil was already beginning to burn in the distance.

There was very little she could do to stop the being before her, but still, she stood defiant and let out a loud deafening roar to challenge the leader of the horde of monsters.

The leader was a haggard old man with a long white beard that fell to his knees. He wore long black robes that were laced in purple and gold. In his hands he held a staff with an ominously glowing red crystal intertwined at the top and on either of his shoulders were two crows, one white and the other black. He had an eye patch over his left eye while his right glowed gold with an otherworldly wisdom that seemed to glare a gold into the Dragon of Life, as if she were below him, just like everything else.

He didn't move or speak as he stared down at Kaos with a look of pity and contempt, as if he was mourning a being that was already on its deathbed.

But Kaos was far from being done.

So, with another mighty thunderous roar, the Dragon of Life stood to her feet and began to gather all of her life force and the life force from the surrounding plants and animals of the garden, who gladly gave their lives to the motherly dragon.

Tears freely flowed from her eyes as a humongous green and gold sphere began to form above her maw, swirling and twisting in a complex and destructive pattern that ebbed with the mastery that she had over the life of all things.

The old man's eyes hardened as he brought his staff forward to counter whatever it was that Kaos was about to do.

With a loud cry of, "ODIN!!!" Kaos moved to throw the destructive orb of life at the elderly, yet unbelievably powerful, man before her, killing herself in the process.

But as soon as she was about to unleash the force of life energy from her maw, a clawed hand landed on top her head, forcing the Dragon of Life to stop in her tracks as her eyes widened.

The old man, who is now known as Odin, eyes widened slightly in surprise as well.

For, floating several feet above the ground to be at equal eye height with the female dragon, was a young man with golden blonde hair and breathtaking green eyes.

The young man wore a long-sleeved high-collared white shirt under a black vest, a red tie, knee-length black pants and black boots. A small sword with a green handle was strapped to his back via a brown belt.

"Phew! That was almost really messy.... That's enough, get some rest. We're here now, alright?" The young man suddenly said with a small friendly grin before shoving both hands into his pockets as he turned to face the army before him.

Several other figures appeared floating in the air beside him.

The first to speak was a talk, lanky, yet well muscled man with a scare on his chin and signature red outfit that didn't really seem to fit him at all, but it seemed to match well with his white hair and red eyes.

"That's just like you, cap. Always the first one to the action." The man said with a laid back drawl.

Odin was taken aback by the six figures before him, not including Kaos herself of course.

He couldn't help but eye each unique individual with a weary gaze.

Something just felt....off....about them.

But before Odin could debate on this any further, he had to dodge as a humongous hammer-like object came crashing down on the area he once stood, absolutely decimating several hundred members of his army and causing a massive tremor and shockwave to shake the area.