Chapter 37 - When Worlds Collide

By now all of you should know what a dungeon break is, right? Moreso, what causes one....

Right?

We for those that don't know, when an overabundant amount of mana is left inside of a gate or portal due to it not being raided or constantly cleared of monsters, the dungeon will start to become stagnant and overflowing with mana to the point it bursts, dealing an untold amount of damage to the surrounding area and unleashing a hoards of numerous monsters.

That's why awakeners are in charge of clearing a certain amount of gates every so often.

So, pray tell, what would happen....

If all the gates in the world....

We're forcefully broken....

At the same....

Exact....

Time?
_________________________________________
~2 Hours After Puck Entered the Dungeon~

"I can't believe that kid's got us doing babysitting duty while he's in that dungeon! Like, what the hell?! Since when are S Rankers considered dead weight?!" Rebecca snapped angrily as she punched a crater into the ground.

Secretary Dae readjusted the glasses on her face so that it reflected the ominous light that was coming from the portal that Puck had recently just entered.

"We can never be too safe. We lost contact with my shadow clone only after just a few moments upon entering. We don't know what Puck could be facing, so we must prepare beforehand. Besides, it's not like you're the only one feeling that way." Dae spoke calmly as she motioned to the other gathered guild masters and other random assortment of awakeners that were gathered outside the portal.

"You should listen to that lady. She seems to be the only one here who has any sense!" Dark exclaims with a smirk from a little dark throne that he made using his energy so he could take a nap while he waited for his apostle to show back up. "Just admit that you're worried about him, will ya? And if it makes you feel any better, we'll be having company very soon." He purrs ominously, making those gathered to begin sweating slightly as they look at each other.

Rebecca blushed slightly at Dark's words before bearing her teeth at him with a low threatening growl.

She goes to say something to repute his snarky remark, only for her to be interrupted as the portal behind her began to spark violently.

The ground began to shake and everyone tried their best to stand their ground and prepare themselves for what was about to happen.

"W-What?! That's impossible! This dungeon isn't supposed to break for another 3 days at the least! The only way for it to break is if....if....!" Rebecca began in shock, taking a step back in horror.

"Is it Puck failed." A voice spoke up from the crowd of gathered S Rank powerhouses.

Billy Massacre, the leader of the Blood Wolf Guild, spoke as he slowly made his way to the front, his eyes glaring into the malfunctioning and unstable rift.

"T-There's no way!" Rebecca exclaimed in denial. "Puck couldn't have lost, not to mention die! Not like that!"

"You'd be right about that.... Something's off." Dark spoke as he got up off his throne, causing it to dissipate in a few black wisps. He moved towards the portal with narrowed eyes, awide grin splitting his maw. "I can smell a God's hands at work here.... I suggest you all be prepared to fight." He said sternly.

And just as those words left his mouth, a pair of massive clawed hands suddenly tear their way out of the unstable gate.

Everyone watched with horrified eyes as the rift was forcibly torn open and the face of a grinning statue could be seen clear as day from within, a long with an army of what could only be described as hellish creatures.