Chapter 6 - Awakener Exam

"Why the fuck is this happening to me?"

~WARNING! YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE A RANKED DUNGEON: LICH KINGDOM! DO YOU WISH TO PROCEED? Y/N~

______________
3 Hours Ago~

"T-This can't be real...." That was all Puck could think as he stared at his Gacha inventory.

It was hard to put into words what he was feeling at the moment....

But a hand on his shoulder quickly shook him from his thoughts. "Hey there, bud.... You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." Rebecca asked, giving Puck a questioning look.

He honestly didn't know how to respond to her question. Especially since she practically hit the nail right on the head.

Puck gulped heavily as he stared at what could only be described as his entire Gacha library. It was even organized and labeled by genre and cost!

But the main thing that caught his attention were the slots that were greyed out with what looked like locks on the item frame.

Trying to click on one of these greyed out characters resulted in a error screen appearing.

~WARNING! The user is currently not high enough level to summon the selected creature! Doing so will result in a cataclysmic event!~

"Ah....that actually makes sense...." He thought to himself when he noticed that the character he just tried to summon had a familiar feline appearance....

And it's cost was 200.

"Yeah....maybe it's for the best?" He mumbled to himself as he stares at the screen with a thoughtful look, staring at the 300+ characters he was able to use.

"Maybe what is for the best?" A voice suddenly asks from directly beside his face, causing Puck to jump away in shock at the sight of Rebecca's face inches away from his own.

He had completely entered his own little world and had forgotten that she was even there!

Which she didn't seem very happy with.

She let's out a small annoyed huff, placing her hands on her hips as she pouts childishly. "I swear! All you guys are the same! You're out on a date with a hot woman and all you care about is what's in your inventory!" She exclaims, causing Puck to freeze up slightly.

"D-Date?!"

He'd never been on a date in his entire life! He's a shut-in for crying out loud! He wasn't built for these types of situations! He'd take a dungeon break over this type of scenario any day of the week!

If her saying "date" was surprising, then her bursting out laughing was something that he definitely wasn't expecting.

"Y-You should've seen....your face!" She exclaims as she tries to catch her breath, holding her sides as she wipes away a tear. "B-But seriously! What's got you spacing out like that?.... C'mon. We should probably get going." She says with a grin as she suddenly turns and beginning to walk away without even giving Puck to answer.

"W-Wait a minute! W-Where are we going exactly?" He says as he runs to catch up with the female Guild Master, a bright embarrassed blush adorning his cheeks.