Chapter 31 - Hellish Training for Dummies

"T....The hell?.... Fuck....my head...."

Puck was awoken by the feeling of something wet dripping onto his face and a unfamiliar weight on his chest.

"Got damnit....I must've been knocked out again.... It's sad how used to this feeling I've become...." He let out a small groan as he finally opened his eyes....

Only for his breath to get caught in his throat.

For, instead of the familiar luminescent ceiling of the hospital that he had gotten used to....

He came nose to nose with what looked like a dog...if you could even call it that.

It's fur was so dark that it made it hard to discern it from the surrounding void.

But was plain as day, was the six glowing red blood red eyes that stared back into Puck's own.

And the liquid that was falling on his face?

Yeah, that was the blood red liquid that fell from the beast's ominously grinning maw.

Not to mention the fact that it was the size of a Siberian tiger, no wonder why his chest felt so heavy.

This thing was something out of a nightmare!

Though, Puck didn't seem to notice the fact that the creature's large tail was wagging happily.

"Hey! C'mon, Backsterville! I know you wanna play, but he doesn't! You'll scare him half to death!" The same voice from before exclaimed, causing the creature to look in the direction the voice came from, a whimper escaping it's still grinning maw as it's ears flatten against it's head.

The newly named, "Backsterville", begrudgingly stood up off Puck's chest, letting him up to see who just saved him from being licked to death by that demonic canine.

....Only to come face to face with Dark, who was currently using a gargantuan sized black dragon as a couch.

"It's about time you woke up! I was starting to get bored! You were out for 3 hours, not like it matters." He said with one of his patented chuckles.

Puck let out a small pained hiss as he clutched his head. "Oh.... It's you again.... The hell do you want?" He asked in an annoyed tone, only to get a small chuckle in response.

"Oh c'mon now~! There's no need for that attitude! Is that anyway you treat the god that saved your life~?" Dark said with a slight mischievous purr to his tone.

Puck simply gave him a glare as he slowly got to his feet, wobbling a bit. "Saved my life?! Do you know the hell I have to go through now?! Every day it's the same thing! I can barely go to sleep at night with all the shi-...."

Puck's words died in his throat as he quickly realized the situation he was in.

He was still stuck in the same black void as before, but now there was a lot more depth to it.

The first thing he took note of, however, was the army of black creatures that seemed to surround Dark's throne.

All staring down the intruder that dared to talk down to their master.

Let's just say....

If looks could kill....

Puck would probably be fine, since most of the looks he was receiving were ones of pure curiosity.

Puck was soon pulled from his thoughts as a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Man! You sure have a short attention span! Don'tcha?! Now focus! I brought you here to my little slice of paradise for a reason....to train of course!" Dark exclaimed with a wide grin, throwing his arms out to the side as he gestured to the "land" around him.