Chapter 32 - The Results of Training

What do you think happens to a rat that's surrounded by wolves?

Do you think the rat will just lay down and die?

Will it try to run and take its chances in the wolves territory?

Or....will it fight?

....because sometimes that's all you can do.

Fight.

And take the chances that you'll either find an opening to escape....

Or die trying.

Cause, even if you're a cornered rat, the fight's not over until you breathe your final breath.
______________________

In a fever dream-esk landscape....

A body could be seen flying through the air uncontrollably.

Muscles torn and body battered to the point where bone and tendon could be seen.

If this were anyone else they'd be long since dead.

But, as the body skipped and ragdolled across the like a tumbleweed being blown by a strong gust of wind, there was an incredible reaction.

For in a moment of pure determination, the battered and beaten body suddenly flipped to its feet and skidded to a halt.

Its claw-like appendages dug trenches into the ground as he finally managed to stop his moment.

He took several deep, gasping, breaths of air.

His muscles screamed at him and he could feel his bones cracking with every ragged breath.

But he couldn't stop.

His body....

No....

His entire being wouldn't let him rest.

The ground began to shake as the beings responsible for his current condition began to approach at blinding pace.

His eyes flashed forward and stared at the approaching hoard of shadows.

"....."

A wide crazed grin split his face as his body began to heal at an unnatural pace.

His bones made sickening crunching sounds as they snapped back into place.

His once torn muscle fibers began to sprout from bare bones as if nothing had happened.

And then....

A thin layer of skin, followed by a familiar black, scaled, armor.

Our protagonist, one Puck Gier, slowly stood to his feet.

He rolled his shoulders for a moment before his body suddenly blurred forward in a burst of speed.

All was silent in the place he once stood, only for the ground to crack and completely explode as the force of his takeoff finally seemed to catch up with the world.

Puck's body flew across the ground like a projectile flung from a rail gun.

The ground shattered and melted due to the speed and force of each of his steps as he ran towards the incoming horde like a berserker on a war path.

Two black swirling orbs of destruction formed in each of his hands, screaming with the energy he poured in.

The air rippled as Puck pushed an orb forward into the chest of one of the shadow entities charging towards him.

Time seemed to halt for a moment, as if processing what was about to happen before....

Crack.