Chapter 39 - There Will Be Blood

What truly makes a man?

Is it the work he does?

The sweat off his brow?

Keeping calm in the face of unprecedented circumstances?

No, if one truly wishes to see what makes up a man's essence, one would need to look deeper....

Push further.

For once a man is at his limits....

Thrusted towards the jaws of death.....

Will one be able to see if a man stares death in the eyes and shows fear....

Or if they'll stare at the jaws of death and welcome them with open arms.

For what truly waits a man at the end of the day....?

Other than their own demise.

-R.A. Dickinson
~January 22nd, 2024

______________________

Odin, the All Father, the all seeing God of War and Death in Nordic Mythology, and the current opponent of one Puck Gier was currently at his wits end.

He was currently stuck in hand to hand combat with a salmon haired young man with a white scarf around his neck.

Which was actually pretty impressive, seeing as such a young mortal was actually capable of forcing a god into a corner via hand to hand and dance style combat.

Now, you may be asking, how could it be possible that a mortal of all things is capable of fighting on par with the elderly God....

....and where the hell is his spear?!

Well the answer to that was rather easy actually, for the salmon haired young man wasn't alone.

While the young man with flames enveloping his fist was locked in unarmed combat with Odin, he seemed to be relishing in the feeling.

Scales slowly began to develop on the young man's face and his flames seemed to glow even more vibrantly than before!

Not to mention that every time Odin tries to summon forth his spear or use any magic, a yellow rat would come out of nowhere and try to blind side him with electricity!

Now, a tactic of this level would never be able to escape the All Father's all seeing gaze, all he'd need to do was dodge and let the attack pass harmlessly by....

If it wasn't for the fact that an orange dragon with a blue stomach would come out of nowhere and spew fire out from the opposite direction, meaning that if he were to dodge the lightning coming from the yellow rat, then he'd be wide open to the fire from the orange dragon.

Again, an attack of that level would be nothing to the Norse God, but the moment he let his guard down then the trainer of these creatures would come out of nowhere, landing a rather shocking haymaker to his cheek, sending the elderly God reeling backwards.

Then the salmon haired young man would devour the flames from the orange dragon, giving himself an even larger power boost and healing his wounds.

Not to mention the fact that Odin also had to deal with a humongous orange/brown creature with golden chains on its arms.

Odin made the mistake of taking his eyes off him for a moment, and it nearly cost him an arm as it fired a contracted orb of energy that Odin blocked with his spear, only for his armament to be sent flying away as his body was sent tumbling backwards.