Chapter 29 - The Beginning of the End (Part 2)

Gregory's anger, no matter how deep, was quickly squashed as his senses, that he honed through countless hours of vigorous training and dungeon raids, screamed at him to flee.

But it was too late.

He could only turn in time to meet the gaze of the predator that would soon end his life.

Puck's eyes were wide and unblinking and a wide crazed grin split his face as he stared down into the eyes of the scared stuff Gregory Oswald, who was forced to let go of his tight grip on Puck's throat as he was forced to his knees under the pressure of Puck's crazed glare.

"First of all...." Puck began as he gracefully landed on his feet.

He leaned down so that his mouth was even with Oswald's ear before whispering, "I'm no hero."

The weight of the world suddenly crashed down on not only Gregory, who received the brunt of Puck's killing intent, but even Zuri and the whole of Awakener's Bureau began to suffer from the effects.

Zuri fell and tried her best to scramble backwards away from Puck's form as it began to radiate a rancid black aura.

The windows of the Awakener's Bureau's building began to shake and shudder, it's foundation beginning to audibly groan under the strain of even being near the amount of killing intent coming off of Puck's gaze.

Speaking of which, Gregory couldn't tear his eyes away from Puck's own.

It was like he was caught in the gaze of a hungry dragon and one blink could mean his end.

It was beyond horrifying....

And incredibly humbling for the guild master.

He, who was once known as the strongest DPS mage in the entire world....

Was now kneeling before a Gacha Type user.

And there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it.

As soon as Puck's eyes began to shift to a more crazed and dangerous color.....

A hand on his shoulder stopped everything in its tracks.

"That's enough now. I hate him as much as the next person, but we still need him."

Gregory quickly turned to the source of his would be savior's voice, only to come face to face with an even more cold and unwavering gaze.
_____________________________

"....So what we're simply trying to ask is.... Mr. Puck Gier....please....lend us a hand in saving the world."

This was the request that was suddenly thrusted upon Puck by a being that he never thought he'd ever get to meet.

Puck was currently sitting in what could only be described as a penthouse office at the top of a luxurious looking building.

This was the main branch of the Awakener's Bureau.

Next to him to his right was one Gregory Oswald, who looked uncomfortable and as riled up as ever, and to his left was one Zuri Akintola, who looked much more relaxed than she did earlier.

"Bullshit! C'mon! We all know that this bastard knows something!" Gregory exclaimed as he suddenly jumped to his feet, knocking his chair over in the process.

"Gregory. That'll be enough." The same gruff voice from before spoke up sternly, only to be completely blown off as Gregory continued.

"No dad, listen! All this started happening as so as he...." He points at Puck who simply flipped him the bird in response, causing Gregory's face to turn a new shade of red and for him to raise his voice even louder. "....Came out of that unranked dungeon! That can't be just a coinciden-"