Chapter 8

Khione

"Gosh, now that you told me about it, I can't help but to be mad at them for not supporting their own child. If mom knew about this then we could've helped you, Khio."

Ely said while crossing her arms, nandito kasi kami sa isang coffee shop malapit lang sa University. Kakatapos lang ng classes namin and my training kaya napagpasyahan naming magkape muna. It has also been a week since she started studying and a week of her trying to get an information out of me. Today was the right time to tell her everything.

"This is the reason why I don't wanna tell you this. Ayokong magalit ka sa mga magulang ko for not supporting me and my dreams, Elyzra. And please don't bring Tita Janet into this. My mom would hate me if her relationship with her sister would be ruined."

She just rolled her eyes and sighed. "So you're working at a 7/11 store and Tita Jen is supporting your tuition?"

I nodded. "So, don't worry about me. I've been doing this for a year, easy peasy nalang sa'kin 'to."

"I want to help."

"Elyzra.."

"Khio at least let me help with your rent or I don't know everyday gastos, that's the least I can do."

Hindi ko maiwasang malungkot dahil sa sinabi niya, alam ko naman na mabuti ang intensyon nito pero gusto ko kasi kumayod mag-isa. I don't want others to think that I can't do it on my own.

I want to prove to them that an Avila can be at the top without any support from her family. Or maybe that's just what I want to prove to my parents.

"I'm really fine, Ely. You know what might help me?"

"What?"

"You.. enjoying your stay here sa pinas and achieving your dreams in the fashion industry."

Elyzra can't help but to make a face , that line was such a cliché.

"Ewan ko sa'yo Khione! Basta, if you need help– don't hesitate calling me or even mom. Promise me!" Parang batang saad nito and showed me her pinky sign, natawa nalang ako dahil hindi pa rin ito nagbabago.

"Pinky promise." Saad ko pa bago ito tinugunan.

Naging masaya naman ulit ang aura nito but that didn't last when we saw familiar faces entering the coffee shop. It was the six professors of Wesbech, but all my attention was at the woman behind them.

Ms. Solana who was wearing a dolce & gabbana blazer jacket and inside is an elegant piece of black tank top, she also partnered it with a black pants as well as her signature stilettos again. Nagmukhang pumunta ng lamay na maraming salapi. I laughed at that thought which obviously caught the attention of the woman I'm staring at.

She was surprised that I was here too at nakipaglabanan pa ng tingin. Buti naman at maganda rin ang suot ko ngayon, just a plain white long sleeve shirt and denim jeans, sinuot ko na rin yung martin boots na hindi ko na ginagamit ng matagal. Oh diba.

"Khio!" Elyzra whispered at me. "Do you see that woman in front? That's her, the Professor I was talking about that told me my outfit was for clubbing on my first day. Until now naiinis pa rin ako whenever I see her, and you won't believe it palagi niya pa ako'ng pinags-stay sa room to make me clean it with no help from others."

I was woken up from my trance when I heard Elyzra's rants, halata rin ang inis sa tono nito kaya naman agad akong napatingin sa sinabi niya and there I saw a beautiful woman who was all smiles but still has that intimidating aura around her. Hindi ko pa ata siya nakikita sa University since she's from a different department but wow, she's damn hot.