SC: Reveal

Khione

As I stood in the beautiful altar, my heart was pounding out of my chest. Seeing her in her beautiful white dress made me realize that this is actually real.

We're getting married.

Sa tinagal-tagal na panahon na naniniwala siya na wala na ako ay hindi ko akalain na hanggang ngayon ay pipiliin at mahal niya pa rin ako. Hindi naman biro ang anim na taon— She could've chose to move on from me.. from us. But she didn't.

Napaisip nga ako, siguro nga kung hindi nangyari lahat ng 'yon sa amin, siguro ay masayang masaya na kami ngayon. We could have a family right now. Pero lahat naman may rason kung bakit ito nangyari diba? 

Walang panahon na hindi ko iniisip na baka nga hindi kami para sa isa't-isa. Na baka nga tinadhana kami na ipaglayo at ang Mundo na mismo ang gumawa ng paraan para hindi kami magkatuluyan.

But there was also never a time where I thought that I would be able to replace her in my heart.

It would be easy to just forget her, but I couldn't.

But now– I'm standing in front of my bride-to-be, and marrying her at this very moment.

She tugged my hand when she saw me staring deeply at her. Which I gladly reciprocated with holding her hand tightly.

The priest began the ceremony, but I could barely focus on what was being said. All I could think about is how happy I am to be standing here, in front of her.

It was time for us to exchange our vows. I didn't even had the time to prepare, for we only had a few hours left before the marriage takes place. But what's better than a vow that comes from the heart, right?

"This is really happening." I took a deep breath before giving her a shy smile. "Avi, I know I made a promise to you six years ago, and I still stand by it today. With all the promises I have yet to make.. marrying you is the most important thing that I am able to do now."

I paused, still trying to make up words in my mind as I don't want to end up being a fool in front of her.

"I vow to always be there for you, no matter what life throws at us, kung dati ay lagi 'kong pinagdududahan ang sarili kung kaya ba kitang protektahan— as you have always been independent all your life, even if it means sacrificing yourself for me, you always made sure to protect me. But this time, I will do the honor to protect you and the family we will have. Mamahalin kita ng buong-buo until you'll feel that six years of us not being together didn't happen. Thank you.. for not letting go of my hand, for always choosing me despite all the uncertainties. Mahal na mahal kita."

Sinuot ko ang singsing sa kamay niya matapos 'kong sabihin 'yon. The way she looks at me tells me that she still can't believe that I'm here in front of her. It hasn't been 24 hours yet when she thought that I was dead— until I showed up in front of her and spent the whole night trying to make up for what we have lost.

I know she's overwhelmed.

Now it was her turn to say her vows, she tried to calm herself down by not tearing up, but one look from me and she was a crying mess. She even threw a punch on my shoulder which made everyone in the church laugh.

Classic Solana.

Once she finally calmed down, she held my hand tightly, she was trembling as she prepared herself to speak. "I don't know what I'm supposed to feel because 6 years and 24 hours ago, I thought I'd end up alone. With the thought of having to join you once I'm gone as well." She cleared her throat as everyone became silent.

"This is the first time.. that I haven't planned something for myself, and honestly? This feels like a fever dream. I left the opening of my Gallery yesterday, unattended. And now we're here in Batangas.. to marry each other. The kind of escape that I have always wanted since then— and having to experience it with you makes it more memorable. So, thank you.. for coming back, Amora. I finally found my reason to live again. On this special day, I, Solana, take you, Khione, to be my wife. And I promise to always cherish and love you with all my heart and soul, no matter how far apart we may be." She let out a cry as she wore the ring on my finger.