Chapter 28

Khione

"Georgina, ako talaga? of all people?"

"Oh come on, Khio. Have I ever asked anything from you since the day we became friends? pretty please~ just do me a favor and I swear, I won't ask anything from you again." Pagmamakaawa pa niya sa'kin.

Nandito kami sa Artsy Lens Club dahil inaaya ako ni George na maging model sa project ng matalik niyang kaibigan, akala ko nga ay nagbibiro lang ito pero hindi pala. She's dead serious.

"Why me?"

"Jesus, I don't think you have to ask me that. The first time I saw you akala ko ay isa kang modelo. With that face and body? you'd probably be in demand if you pursue modeling instead." She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"So, all I have to do is be her model?"

"Mm, you're okay with your pictures being submitted to a competition right?"

"Ha?! Akala ko class project—"

"Georgina." Napatigil naman ako sa pagsasalita ng may marinig kaming boses sa harapan namin, wait.. she seemed familiar.

Saan ko ba siya nakita?

"Astrea! Ang tahimik mo naman pumasok, we didn't even hear you." Hinila ito ni Georgina palapit sa'kin. "Anyway, this Khio the one I'm talking about, what did I tell 'ya? She has it all right? perfect face and figure."

"Except for good manners." I heard her whisper na nagpakunot ng noo ko. "Yeah, she's popular around the campus. The great Khio Avila who won the AAIC, nice to meet you."

What a great actress. I bet she intended for me to hear what she said earlier. Tinanguan ko lang siya dahil inis pa rin ako sa sinabi niya kanina, me? walang good manners?

Sapakin ko kaya siya ng certificate of good moral ko from elementary to senior high? She's the one who seemed to lack good manners.

"Khio, this is my friend, Astrea Luceria. She's a fine arts student too but she's ahead of you for 2 years."

"You don't have to introduce me that way, George." She glanced at her before looking at me again. "Same age?"

"I'm 21." I replied.

"That makes it easier for you two to work together! Astrea is 21 too." Kita ko ang excitement sa mukha ni Georgina and even clapped her hands. "Well, I have to go now for my internship. Astrea, ikaw na bahala sa kanya okay? And Khio— Thank you so much! I owe you one. Okay bye!"

After Georgina left, the atmosphere became awkward. She's not even talking to me and was busy with her camera, if it weren't for Georgina baka kanina na rin ako umalis.

"What's the project for?" I broke the ice at kusang tinanong na siya. Nakakahiya naman sa kanya.

She finally looked at me. "It's a creative modeling photo contest. I'll be competing and all we have to do is submit our works, I asked Georgina if she knew someone that could become my model, she told me about you. Kaya ka nandito ngayon."

Tumango naman ako sa sinabi niya, she's a little bit cold with her tone, but I didn't mind it baka ganyan lang talaga siya.

"Cool."

"I'll just message you about the concept and details before the actual shoot, thanks for agreeing to Georgina's request."

She really looks familiar, 'san ko ba siya nakita? Hindi pwedeng hindi ko malaman ngayon.

"Have we.. met each other before? You seem familiar—"

"At Ms. Del Mundo's office."

My eyes widened in shock after I finally remembered her face, siya nga! The way she looking at me right now is similar to how she looked at me that time. At siya rin ang bumangga sa'kin kahit wala naman akong ginawang masama.