Chapter 48

TW: Mention of death, violence, and vulgar words.

***

PART I

Solana

I immediately slammed the door behind me with force as I entered my office. Annoyed and angered by what I have heard from Khio's mouth.

How can she be so insensitive towards what I feel? Going to someone else's house instead of mine— Am I that bad at empathizing with her that she can't even tell me what happened that night? That instead of coming to me.. she went to Vivien to seek comfort.

If I had known that a while ago.. I wouldn't have given her that fucking reward at the classroom.

And I hate how I can't stop myself from thinking about how she was doing me earlier dahil mas lalo lang nawawala ang inis ko and that shouldn't be happening.

I don't know what Khio has a hold of me that I can't seem to stay mad at her.

Ilang beses na rin siyang tumatawag at nagtetext sa'kin but I wouldn't give in that easily. I muted all of her notifications before proceeding to my next classes.

Just for today, I want her to learn her lesson.

It was already 6 pm when my classes ended, so I went back to my office to clean up before going home. I still haven't checked all of her messages and tried my best to ignore the aching feeling of wanting to reply.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Naputol ang pag-iisip ko after hearing someone knocking on my door, "Come in." I said while organizing the paper works for tomorrow.

"Solana." I looked up only to find Vivien standing at the door. "Can we talk?"

My actions seemed to be a little harsher as I saw her flinch at how I slammed the files on my table, "Is there any reason for us to talk?"

She sighed, "I'm not here to argue with you.. not anymore."

"That's funny.." I smirked, "But I don't want to hear whatever you say, Vivien. I'm not in the mood for your nonsense—"

"Is it still nonsense if it's about Khio?"

My ears perked up after she mentioned her name, "And what does Khio have to do with this? Are you going to brag about how she went to your house the other night?"

I can't help but to say that with sarcasm and she seemed to be shocked with what I have revealed.

"It's not what you think." She shook her head.

I wanted to ask her why Khio went to her that night, what they talked about, what they did while they were alone at her house.. but I couldn't.

Not because I'm scared of what might come out of her mouth.

But because.. asking that confirms what relationship Khio and I have to each other.

And that made me go back to what I was doing earlier in order to avoid her gaze and this churned up jealousy I'm feeling inside— I always hated it.

"Are you really not going to talk to me?" I didn't answer her. "Khio wasn't there that night for any reasons that you might think of."

"You don't have to explain, Vivien." I forced myself to smile at her as I looked up, "We don't have any relationship—"

"You don't have to pretend that you're not back together." She cutted me off which made me stop. I swallowed thickly as I felt my throat dry up. Why would Khio tell her that?