Chapter 36

Khione

"Muntik ka ng halikan ni Georgina?!" Hindi ko talaga alam kung magandang ideya ba na magkwento ako kay Maevis e, ang exaggerated masyado ng mga reaksyon.

"Kakasabi lang diba?" Ely rolled her eyes at her, "She already told us that she confessed to her a few months ago, it's not a surprise if she's gonna kiss her knowing that they're at a club. Those kind of intimacy doesn't matter and once they're sobered up, they'd forget it after. Unless you're a hopeless romantic and think that a kiss means your one true love."

Napakamot naman ng ulo si Maevis dahil talo na naman siya ng pinsan ko, hindi na nagugulat sa ganyan si Ely knowing that she came from new york.

"Nag react lang naman ako." Bulong ni Maevis sa'kin, napailing na lang ako dahil mukhang asong napagsabihan ng amo ang mukha niya.

Naglalakad na kami paalis ng building dahil uwian na rin, and I decided to tell them about what happened last night, of course.. I left out the part where Solana came and we y'know.. kissed.

I don't want them to think anything about it.

And tama si Ely, we were at the club. Kaya that just proves that the kiss meant nothing.

"Ganda ng palusot mo pre, 'I have a girlfriend' oy 'di natin sure."

"Mang-asar ka pa. Kayo nga ni Ms. Maddi—"

"Ba't nandadamay ka? Istorya mo 'to, ikaw ang bida kaya manahimik ka." It's the first time I've seen her be offended with what I said kaya natawa na lang ako. It's not a secret that those two are not in good terms since new year, malay ko ba kung anong nangyari sa kanila.

In this trio, we have a new unspoken rule.

Never bring up the Professors and our relationship with them.

Though si Ely ang nagpasimuno no'n. Badtrip na badtrip kay Ms. Zafi tas ayaw magkwento kaya pinabayaan na rin namin.

Palabas na kami ng campus when I saw Ms. Maddi coming towards us, agad akong napatingin sa katabi ko na sumeryeso ang mukha.

"Ms. Avila, may I talk to you for a second?" My attention averted to her. "Alone."

I turned to look at Maevis at kita ko ang pagtikhim niya bago inaya si Ely at maghihintay nalang daw sila sa Coffee shop na katapat lang sa campus. Tinanguan ko lang sila at hinintay muna na makaalis na sila.

Mukhang hindi rin ata sila nag-uusap ni Ms. Maddison.

Once we were alone, she gestured me to go to somewhere private. Napunta naman kami sa may fountain kung saan tahimik lang dahil sabado at wala masyadong mga estudyante. Whatever she has to say, it also seems serious.

"Bakit po?"

"I know I shouldn't get involved with whatever situation you have with Solana."

"Oh." That was my automatic response, hindi ko naman aakalain that she'd also talk to me about it, "Did she..?"

"No." She says while shaking her head. "Even if she's my friend, I don't agree with all her decisions, and I also take blame on myself because I still tolerated her ass even if I knew that it was wrong."

She crossed her arms and sighed. "When she ran out to you that night.. after you saw her with David. I really knew she messed up everything, but a few weeks ago she also told us that she was planning on telling you, well.. until the divorce finally takes place."

"Ano po ba ang pinupunto niyo, Ms. Maddison?"

She paused for a second, "I hope you listen to her, I may not know everything about your relationship, but I'm sure of one thing.. you both are deeply and madly in love with each other. Solana never failed to fight for you even if we were the ones against it."