Chapter 18

Khione

Avion Clemonte
If you're not here
within 5 minutes.
I'm leaving.
Seen

When you receive a text like that sino ba ang hindi tatakbo ng mabilis para lang makauwi? Hinahabol ko nga ang hininga ko as soon as I finally spotted Ms. Solana in front of my apartment, prenteng nakasandal lang ito sa kotse niya with a satisfied grin on her face.

"Almost 1 minute late." She says. "I was about to leave."

"Then I guess you really wanted to see me." I teased her na siyang nagpawala ng ngiti niya. Umayos ito ng pagkakatayo and cleared her throat.

"Of course not."

"Sure, Ms. Sol. Let's keep saying that to ourselves."

When I finally composed my breathing agad ako'ng lumapit sa kinatatayuan niya, umatras naman ito when I finally got to her.

"Where were you?" She eyed the jacket that I was holding.

"Tell me why you're here first."

Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay and stopped me from going further with her arm. "I asked you."

"Then you won't get an answer from me if you don't tell me first."

"You're a pain in the ass, you know that right?"

I smiled teasingly and nodded na siyang nagpatawa sa kanya, may kinuha siya sa likuran and I saw a small box on her hand. "I..uh.. I got this for you back at Barcelona."

Tumingin ulit ako sa kanya and I saw that she was a little shy to even meet my eyes. "For me?"

"Don't make me repeat myself, Avila." Singhal nito, "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you."

She looks really cute being shy and all, sino ba ang mag-aakala that the Professor Solana Clemonte can also be like this? Seeing this side of her definitely makes my heart go crazy.

"Ano po ba 'yan?"

Naglabas ito ng buntong hininga at kinuha ang kamay ko para ilagay sa palad ko ang box. That earned a chuckle from me, hindi talaga mahilig sa sweetness e.

"Open it."

Sinunod ko ang sinabi niya at dahan-dahang binuksan ito, and when I saw what was inside, a smile formed on my face upon seeing a white rope bracelet with a little heart on the center. "Cute."

"I saw that when you were still in the suite

"I saw that when you were still in the suite. I wasn't sure if you'd like it."

Agad ko itong sinuot and fell in love with how it fits perfectly on my wrist, this is the first time I received something like this. "Thank you." I say and looked at her.

Agad itong umiwas ng tingin and composed herself. "I-it's not that fancy—"

"I love it." Mahina kong sambit. "I really do."