Chapter 41

Khione

"Happy Birthday Cali!"

Everyone shouted and hyped her up when she was blowing her candles on her massive cake before biting a chunk of it, classic Ms. Cali. If I could say, out of all the Professors— she really knows how to make everything fun.

When she told us that she'll just invite a few friends, hindi ko alam na ganito pala karami. But knowing that she's a social butterfly, hindi na rin ako nanibago doon. Pag si Ms. Beliciana talaga, a party should never be boring. It shows her personality so much at kahit nga page-entertain ng mga bisita ay ginagawa niya lahat.

I'm currently watching everyone around the room and searching for a certain someone, kanina pa ako iniiwasan no'n the moment we arrived at the guesthouse. I didn't have the chance to bother her because Ms. Beliciana kept on pressuring us na magbihis at bumaba na kaagad para sa party.

"Have you seen Ely?" Maevis asked as she gave me a bellini cocktail. "Kanina ko pa hinahanap 'yon."

I took a sip from my drink and chuckled. "You won't find her here, maybe she's with Ms. Zafi, baka nga tinakas na siya no'n or if you like just knock on their room."

"Eugh, huwag nalang." She gave out a grossed out look na parang may alam na rin siya sa kung ano ang ginagawa nila ngayon. "Gusto ko lang silang sapukin ni Ms. Zafi."

"For making you and Ms. Maddison roommates?" I laughed as I remembered both their faces when they were announced as roommates earlier by Ms. Beliciana, wala naman silang nagawa lalo na at birthday girl na ang nagsabi.

Actually hindi naman talaga si Ms. Beliciana ang nag decide no'n, she got the list from Ms. Zafi and the moment the professors knew that, doon lang namin napansin na nauna na pala silang pumunta sa kwarto nila.

"You're lucky you got your own room." Saad niya at uminom muli.

Actually, kaming dalawa sana ni Solana ang magkasama dapat but she insisted that she'll be rooming kasama sila Ms. Vivien and Ms. Alarcon, so they got the bigger room. Habang si Astrea and Tatum naman.

"Are you even sure you can control your urges?"

Binigyan niya lang ako ng mapait na ngiti bago tinapik ang balikat ko, "I'm done chasing her."

"By the looks of it, you're still into her. Like.. a lot." I teased which she grimaced.

"Ewan ko sa'yo, ikaw lang nag-iisip niyan." Nagpaalam na muna ito dahil balak niya rin kausapin yung dalawang kasama namin kanina.

Maevis knows how to make friends easily, kahit prangka 'yon ay marunong naman makisama kaya alam ko na makakasundo niya din sila.

While me.. I'm not really good at it. That explains I only have Maevis, Elyzra and even Iris na hindi ko na masyadong nakakausap as my friends.

Astrea and I never liked each other. I doubt we'd be able to talk without triggering the other, but that's fine. I guess she's just protective of Ms. Vivien though I don't know what relationship they have, and I'm also curious about protecting her from me.

Ayoko na lang isipin pa.

After drinking the last ounce of my drink ay kaagad ko na itong binaba and decided to go upstairs sa may terrace, nakita ko kasi iyon kanina matapos kong mag-ikot pagdating namin kanina, as much as I want to stay and find the others, I feel like I wanted to have a quiet time dahil mamaya pagka-alis ng mga bisita ni Ms. Beliciana ay panigurado mag-aaya ulit 'yon uminom kasama kaming lahat.

So, I have to save energy for that.

The music started to fade the moment I landed on the 4th floor where the terrace was located.