Chapter 45

Khione

Kakatapos ko lang mag-sketch ng isang design before I decided to go inside and went to the kitchen where I saw Solana cooking breakfast for us.

Amoy pa lang ay natatakam na ako, at mukhang focus talaga ito sa pagluluto dahil hindi niya napansin ang presensya ko. Hindi ko naman mapigilan na yakapin siya sa likuran at ipinatong ang baba ko sa balikat niya.

"Smells good."

"It's just eggs and bacon, Amora." Tawa niya naman.

"I meant you." Ibinaon ko ang mukha ko sa leeg niya habang hinayaan niya lang ako na yakapin siya sa ganoong posisyon. "Daisies.. that's your scent."

"You even know what I smell now?" I heard her chuckling.

"Everytime I smell your scent, I already know that it's you." I gave her small kisses around the back of her neck, "Avi.. ang bango mo."

She turned the stove off as she turned around to face me, "I might reconsider what I'll be having for breakfast if you continue doing that, Avila."

Napalunok naman ako dahil sumeryeso bigla ang mukha niya, I'm afraid that our plans might change if we do that, so I gave her a peace sign and stole a quick kiss on her lips. "I'm actually hungry for food.. and not your peanut— oo, tatahimik na nga. Mags-shut up challenge na nga."

Her eyes followed me as I sat down on the stool chair, she sighed and went back to cooking the food.

"Pero baka mamayang gabi, magc-crave na ako ulit."

Before she could even throw me the spatula she was holding ay tumakbo na ako pabalik sa kwarto namin to take a bath instead.

Para pagkatapos no'n ay magbibihis na lang ako after we eat. I'll be the one to clean up and wash the dishes kasi hindi pwedeng mapagod ang reyna.

Isang oras mahigit ay nakakain na kami at tulad nga ng sabi ko, ako ang naglinis at naghugas ng pinagkainan namin as Solana went to the bathroom.

After we were done fixing ourselves ay inaya na nga ako ni Solana na umalis na kami, may kotse din pala ito dito in case we need a ride, so we immediately hopped on inside while she was the one driving.

"Saan tayo pupunta, Avi?" I asked curiously while looking out the window, ang presko kasi ng hangin. It feels nice being away from the city for a while.

"It's a surprise." She smiled as her free hand held mine. "I see you're enjoying the breeze."

"It's not everyday you get to experience the fresh air." I answered back, "Have you explored the town before?"

Solana mentioned last night that we are in a small town in Batangas, that's why malayo din ang resthouse niya dahil mas pinili niya na wala masyadong mga tao na makakakilala sa kanya.

"I've only been here thrice." She says, her eyes on the road.

The thought of her being here with somebody else aside from me is making my stomach twist into a knot.. was it one of her exes? or David?

"I came here alone with my Mom back when she was still alive, the second time was when I visited the resthouse alone after it was done and it's my third time here.. with you." She took a glance at me and gave me that loving gaze that never fails to flutter me. "This is my mom's hometown."

My eyes widened after she said that. "R-really?"

She nodded her head, "My dad and my mom met here actually, when dad was on a vacation with his friends, he saw my mom at the local market buying some staple food. Mom's family didn't approve of them when they decided to get married after two weeks of just knowing each other."