Chapter 26

Khione

I just got home from school at agad akong dumiretso sa penthouse to talk to a certain someone, pagdating ko ay nakita ko si Ms. Solana preparing dinner for us but that's not what matters to me now.

Binagsak ko ang mga regalong binigay niya sa'kin nung mga nakaraang araw sa lamesa, matapos kasi nung pag-uusap namin ay bigla nalang akong nakakatanggap ng mga regalo galing sa kanya. I tried to ignore it at first but this is just too much to me.

That action seemed to shock her dahil napatigil ito at tumingin sa'kin.

"H-hey.. what's happening? I made us dinner—"

"I'm quitting." I looked at her with a stern face.

"What do you mean you're quitting?"

"Do I really have to explain po?"

"At least give me a possible reason as to why you're suddenly quitting—"

"Because I can't be with you." I cut her off and stared at her. "It doesn't help us both either."

She shook her head at lumapit sa'kin. "L-let's talk about it first—"

"I don't understand why you're doing this. After what I told you at the lake, you're suddenly acting like nothing happened. Giving me gifts? Is that a bribe po ba? I can't believe that you think these kinds of things will make everything better."

She stopped momentarily at hinawakan ang mga kamay ko. "It's.. It's not— I just have a lot of things going on."

"Being with you is just hurting me."

"Y-you know it's not my intention to hurt you."

"But you just did, a lot of times. At hindi ko alam kung hanggang kailan ko kayang tiisin na isa walang bahala lang 'tong nararamdaman ko."

"Just let me sort things out.."

"No. I know I told you that I would give you some time po, but having to see you every day just causes me more pain. Mali nga talaga that I accepted this job even after knowing that it was you."

Alam kong nasasaktan siya ngayon sa sinabi ko, but my head is scattered everywhere that I just want to leave and be alone.

She tried to hug me but I'm too upset to let her do what she wants. So, I forced myself to push her away from me.

"You're confusing me, Ms. Clemonte. The other day you want nothing to do with me, tas ngayon you're acting like this. Can you please stop playing with me?"

Kita ko ang gulat sa mukha niya dahil sa sinabi ko, it's like she realized something dahil umiiling ito sa akin ngayon.

"I'm not playing with you."

"Then can you be honest?" I asked as I breathed angrily. "What am I to you? Gets ko na yung pinupunto mo na hindi mo 'ko gusto, paulit-ulit na sa utak ko 'yon. Pero ano ba talaga ako sa buhay mo?"

"..I–I can't answer that."

"Mahirap ba?" I chuckled wryly, nagbabadya na namang tumulo ang luha ko. "Mahirap ba sabihin sa akin yung totoo? kung yung tingin mo lang sa'kin ay kaibigan, estudyante, bata, ano pa ba? It's been weeks since this cycle kept on happening and I don't know what to do dahil unang-una sa lahat, I don't even know where I stand in your life or if you even consider me as a part of it."