review #8.S3: Taking Rovard

Taking Rovard

Author: @Mimiforeva
Reviewer: MoniTheTigerEmpress

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
SYNOPSIS

Of Love,Of Trust, Of Betrayal, Of Revenge.

*****************************************************

Handling a multi million dollar business was a little too much for a seventeen year old girl right?

Wrong.

Myra Powers is certain she's capable enough which is why when her Grandpa wills the property to her power obsessed mother disguised as aunt instead of her, she's infuriated and determined to get it back.

Her determination only heightens when she notices that Gwen Powers is hell bent on ruining the company. Will she be able to protect her grandpa's years of hard work from her? And what happens when Gwen imposes new living conditions that involves a new housemate?

A grumpy, egotistical guy who takes delight in downplaying her.

Was she going to be able to get her company back ? While also trying to stop herself from falling in love with a guy who has just one lifelong goal.

To ruin her.

During the process, she finds love, friendship,experiences heartbreak, betrayals and uncovers deep dark secrets that has her questioning her entire existence and the purpose of it all.

She also discovers, that everything isn't as it seems.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Title:
You have a unique title. I can see it is relevant to your story and I haven't seen a book with this title before. 'Rovard' was mentioned early in the book, especially in the prologue so the title is very fitting for your book.

Cover:
I like the text for your cover but I feel that your cover is quite... bland? I think it could be better to really hook a potential reader in along with your blurb. There are plenty of graphic shops out there that you can try, including our community's very own graphic shop, Dreamland Community's graphic shop, and many others. I believe you could get a cover that better represents your book.

Blurb:
Your blurb did well in telling us what your book is about. A potential reader can easily open the blurb and be enticed into wanting to read your book. We knew who the character is and all the necessary information that needed to be known. There were a few small details I wanted to mention that will make your blurb even better.

In the first line "Of love" after the comma you missed a space before "Of Trust".

There was a part where you mention the mother being disguised as Myra's aunt which confused me a little when I initially read it. How is the mother the aunt? How or well, this makes me curious to know who was Myra's mother figure as she grew up and if the mother was pretending to be her aunt. It just confuses me a little and I hope it will be cleared up throughout the book.

Plot/flow/pace:
The pacing of your chapters was okay. They were easy to follow. I think the plot was great and very prominent. There were a few small issues here and there that affected the flow of the chapters which will be mentioned below.