review #30.S3: Alpenglow

ALPENGLOW

Author: NeoKultured
Reviewer: -sylver

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
SYNOPSIS

| highest ranking: #4 in poetry
life can be trivial in the long run. let us start by appreciating and accepting life's more endearing moments, for the ones who can't.
| NEOKULTURED, 2023

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

1. TITLE
ALPENGLOW

Review: I had to search up what alpenglow meant because I'd never heard that word before. It means "the rosy light of the setting or rising sun seen on high mountains". It's a pretty word that could be used to symbolize so many things honestly, so it doesn't disappoint as a title. I think it fits your poem collection very well. Your poem "Golden Fireflies" connects with the title the most for me and references the beautiful aspect of it. Great title. I personally don't think you need to change it but if you did you should probably choose something that's earthy and symbolizes nature because I noticed a lot of your poems were about an aspect of nature.

2. COVER

Review: I do like the cover very much, it has a unique artistic feel to it. I like where you've placed the words "Alpenglow" on the cover, and the color of the title. Covers should always include the author's name so hope you add your author's name to it. I don't particularly think the cover fits the theme of your poetry collection but it's still aesthetically pleasing to look at nevertheless. I'd suggest you change the cover to something that's like sunlight shining through nature, would fit the theme more.

3. SUMMARY

Review: I really love what you put in the summary. It's very sweet and a reminder for people to just enjoy and live life and appreciate what we have right now and what could be, and to also be humble that we've been given a life to live. It's very fitting with the title and the poems. Gives off a wholesome aura.

4. THEME

Review: The theme that your poetry collection gives off is feel-good stories where one is connected with their inner happiness and enjoying themselves as a whole. It's very light and airy and I love reading each poem as it fills me with a sense of happiness. The themes are very consistent, you do a great job with that.

5. POETIC ELEMENTS

Review: For the most part all your poems seem to be free-verse. They're really nice, depicting visual details that are pleasing to the senses. I got in a pleasant mood while reading, and felt like I'm reminiscing about the good old times. Your poem "The Sunniest One" was the closest poem you had to a consistent rhyme scheme so I really liked that one. It was something slightly different in your poetry collection. "Where Hopscotch Takes You" is my favorite poem that you've written. It's beautifully written and makes me optimistic of the future, and the words "glazed with honey, fingers stuck between my lips" is a great way of depicting tasting a sweet future.

6. STRUCTURE

Review: I like the way you've formatted everything. It's pretty and nice on the eyes. I noticed that most poems were formatted where it's one paragraph and then some were separate paragraphs. I'm not completely sure what the rules for that are but I hope that you do try out more styles of longer poems so that the content will seem more structured and there'll be an equal amount of poems with different/similar structures.

7. GRAMMAR/PUNCTUATION

Review: Some people might say not capitalizing your letters is unprofessional, which is very true. I personally don't mind because I've seen some poems with all lowercase letters. But if you want to seem more professional, probably capitalize the correct words as you would do in writing a novel. Other than that everything seemed grammatically correct and well put together.

8. WRITING STYLE/FLOW

Review: You're very great when it comes to imagery details. They're what stands out the most in your poems. I hope you experiment more with different styles of poetry because you seem more than capable of doing so and I think you'd produce some amazing pieces.

9. CREATIVITY/ORIGINALITY

Review: Your word choices were very creative without a doubt. I could imagine each poem vividly and it was lovely to imagine. It stuck to the title of your book and the theme was consistent as well. You've written something amazing.

10. PERSONAL ENJOYMENT

Review: I really enjoyed your poems very much. They spoke to emotions and were very pleasing to read. Had no issues with any of the poems I've read. You're a great writer, and keep up the great work.

 You're a great writer, and keep up the great work