review #11.S3: Moose And Goose

Title: Moose And Goose

Author: CrazyKatiexox
Reviewer: MoniTheTigerEmpress

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
SYNOPSIS

[Based on a true story]

Nineteen-year-old Judith Jefferson is an altruist slowly conforming to the ways of the "Me decade." She's left an asylum and upon going home is met with family drama and the death of a loved one. As she struggles to readjust to the fast-growing world she missed out on, sickness and violence try to keep her from the arising opportunities - and people - she didn't know she needed.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Title:

I think the title is unique and catchy, so I like it.

Cover:

I think your cover is absolutely beautiful. I think it really tells us about your book and who the book is about. I love the inclusivity of your cover already.

Blurb:

I think your blurb does it's job. It tell us what the book is about, who it is about and such. I don't see any improvements needed with it. It will already hook reads in with its current state.

Overall:

Overall, I would say this book is well written. The family dynamic is realistic. I think the pacing is good but I did have a few things I wanted to say.

Firstly, I'd like to say I didn't know who Judith Jefferson is so I did have to google her prior to reading your book and then I had an understanding of who she was.

Another thing I wanted to mention was, Judith Jefferson was around between 1698 and 1786, if google was correct but what confuse me was in your book (the first chapter) you mention the houses or neighbourhood not progressing much since nineteen fifties (1950's). I just wanted to know if this story is set in recent times or if the book is about another Judith Jefferson that didn't show up on my google search.

Furthermore I wanted to mention that telling us it only takes three minutes to reach the bus stop is very specific, since I am sure no one really keeps track of the time it takes them. I would say it is better to say 'a few minutes' or 'a couple of minutes' instead.

One small error I found in the first chapter was this dialogue: "Did you speak to Davis," Sheryl asks.

Now this dialogue is being asked so I would say a question mark (?) would work better after 'Davis' here.