review #13.S3: Sometimes

Title: Sometimes

Author: musicalMajora
Reviewer: MoniTheTigerEmpress

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
SYNOPSIS

In a school where jocks are openly bisexual, exes start to tolerate each other, and new kids have a messier past than they let on, people fall in love.

~~~~

Linus Walls and his family moved away from New York to escape the bad memories and their family's brokenness.

Brayden Lewis is still trying to cope with the things he's learned about himself over the course of the past year.

But neither of these boys has made any ground until their lives suddenly collide on Linus' first day at his new school. They quickly become fast friends, and before they know it, their lives get flipped upside down.

But sometimes, change is a very good thing.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Title:

I think your title is okay. I can see the reference to it in the blurb. As long as the title comes into play in your novel, I'd say it is fine! It just seems a little too simple in my opinion.

Cover:

I'm quite 50/50 on your cover. On one hand I like it but on another I think it could be better. I think it's the different images that are throwing me off a little with your cover.

Blurb:

I think your blurb is great. It tells us who the characters are and what the book is about. It could easily hook a potential reader into wanting to read and find out what your book is about.

Plot/flow/pace:

I think the pace of the chapter is good and easy to follow. The chapters flowed easily and didn't feel disjointed or off. The plot is progressing nicely as the chapters go on so well done.

Grammar and dialogue:

You had great grammar throughout your book. There was only one or two small incidents that I caught while reading but they are minor and not very noticeable. Your dialogue was great and realistic.

A small little mistake I noticed while reading was in regards to an action tag so in reference to this sentence in the first chapter. '"I guess so," she giggles for a moment before she turns—' So 'giggles' is an action tag so there should be a full stop after 'so'.

Character Development:

While reading we could clearly see the characters' personalities shine so you did well to convey that. I also liked how you introduced the characters and you didn't introduce us to too many at once. We met Linus in the first chapter who is at a new school and quite a few students recognise him as one of the band members. We got to learn about his parents and the death of Lena.

We met Biance and she seems nice and bubbly. Although I do wonder what happened between her and Braydon. Braydon does seem nice too.

I think you did very well introducing the characters and such so well done.

Overall:

I'm going to keep this section short and sweet. I think you had a great job with your novel. A lot of potential readers will be interested in reading your novel.

 A lot of potential readers will be interested in reading your novel