Chapter 3 asgardians of the galaxy

In Space, the Benatar was flying as 'Rubberband Man' played. Inside, Peter Quill was chair-dancing and lip-syncing to the song with Gamora. Drax was sleeping and Rocket was yawning. Mantis sat there as Teen Groot was playing a video game.

"It's us!" said Drax.

"No shit," Rocket replied.

Rocket asked why they were doing this as Gamora said it was a distress signal and someone could be dying. Rocket asked why they were doing it again, so Quill said because they were nice and the person would give them cheddar cheese for help.

"Distress signal?" asked Thor.

Everyone realized where the Guardians were going and paled at the reminder of what Thanos and the Black Order did.

"Hopefully, you guys will save Thor," said Clint.

Gamora added it wasn't the point, and Quill agreed as he said they would take his ship if he didn't pony up. Gamora looked at Quill with a raised eyebrow, but he shrugged.

Quill grimaced and turned to Thor. "Sorry, man, we didn't know."

Thor waved away the apology.

Mantis said they were arriving, and Quill told them to put on their mean faces, which Mantis did.

Everyone laughed at Mantis's mean face.

Groot was still playing his game, and Quill told him to put it away. "I am Groot," Groot said, and everyone was shocked.

Thor and Loki raised their eyebrows at what Groot said.

"You need to watch your language, Groot!" said Quill.

"I don't understand? He just said, 'I am Groot'?" asked Steve.

"His species can only say 'I am Groot', specifically in that order," answered Gamora.

Rocket told him to mind his language.

"Exactly!" said Quill.

"What did he say?"

"Fuck you," answered Rocket.

Rocket said he'd smash the game to pieces if Groot kept this up. The Benatar decelerated into regular space, and they saw Thanos' devastation in front of them. Bodies were seen floating around with pieces of the destroyed ship.

Everyone tensed at the sight of destroyed pieces of the Statesman.

Thor and Loki stiffened at the sight of their people's bodies.

Mantis asked what had happened. Rocket said they weren't getting paid as Gamora looked around and realized who had done this. And then Thor's body hit the ship's hull with a thump, startling them all as Rocket asked to get it off with wipers. Thor's eye opened, and they gasped.

"You're alive!" said Loki, as everyone sighed in relief.

The Guardians later put Thor on a table as Quill wondered how this 'dude' was still alive, and Drax said he wasn't a dude, but Quill was while Thor was a handsome, muscular man.

Everyone laughed, albeit quietly, the reminder of the Statesman still fresh on their minds.

Thor laughed. "Thank you!"

Quill said he was muscular, but Rocket said he was one sandwich away from fat, and Drax said he had gained a little weight.

"What the hell, Drax!" yelled Quill.