Chapter 4 knowhere

A young Gamora was crying as a sobbing woman held her while a massacre was going on outside. Gamora screamed as the door was kicked open.

Everyone turned to Gamora in horror, who didn't make eye contact. This is the worst day of her life. Quill held Gamora's hand in comfort.

"This was the first time you met him," said Tony. Gamora nodded.

The Chitauri and Leviathans massacred Gamora's people outside as a Chitauri dragged Gamora. She hit it, and it left as an armoured Thanos arrived and looked down on her.

The Avengers recognized the Chitauri and Leviathans and paled.

As Maw spoke in the background, Gamora asked where her mother was, and Thanos asked her name. She said it was Gamora and Thanos said she was quite the fighter.

"You bastard! Get away from her!" yelled Quill, holding Gamora's hand tighter. Nebula looked murderous.

Thanos kneeled and showed her a two-sided knife, balancing it on his fingers, "Perfectly balanced, as all things should be." He asked her to try as Maw said, "Now, go in peace to meet your maker."

Everyone sucked in a breath, knowing what was about to happen.

The Chitauri slaughtered the people. Gamora tried to look, but Thanos returned her attention to the knife.

Everyone stared at the screen in horror, especially the Avengers. This is what would have happened to Earth in 2012 if they hadn't stopped the invasion.

Clint shot Loki a dirty look, who was already pale.

Thor and Drax growled in anger. This did happen to the Asgardians and Drax's people.

The bodies lay as Gamora continued balancing the knife and Thanos said she was learning.

Everyone looked murderous.

In the present day, Gamora was looking at the knife as Quill arrived and asked about some weapons. She said she had a favour to ask, and he agreed. Gamora asked Quill to promise that he'd kill her if Thanos got her.

Everyone's eyes widened.

"What the hell, Gamora!" said Quill.

"You have to do it, Peter! Thanos can't find out about the Soul Stone," answered Gamora.

Quill was shocked as Gamora said she knew something he didn't, and if he found out, the entire Universe could be at risk. Quill said he should know too, but Gamora said only if he wanted to die. Quill asked why somebody had to die in this scenario, and she told him to trust her and possibly kill her. Quill joked he'd like to, and she made him swear to her on his mother.

"Gamora..." Peter said softly.

"You have to do it," Gamora said in the same tone.

Quill agreed, and the two kissed.

Nebula made a face. She couldn't believe that her sister chose Quill, of all people.

The two heard crunching and turned to see Drax eating. They asked how long he'd been there, and he revealed an hour to their shock.

"Dude!" exclaimed Peter. Gamora sighed. She was used to this.

Drax said, "I've mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still... that I become invisible to the eye. Watch."

The Avengers laughed.

Quill said he was eating a zarg-nut, and he said his movement was slow until Mantis greeted him while Quill and Gamora shook their heads. He walked off dejectedly.