Chapter 10 cheeseburgers

The next day, a Quinjet flew over the Barton farmhouse, and Lila and Cooper ran out to see Clint return. They ran to him happily as he embraced them.

Clint sighed. He was grateful that he had his family back, but the cost was too high.

Peter was shown in his high school again and saw Ned standing there. The two did their 'handshake' happily and hugged each other.

Tony put a shoulder around Peter and pulled him closer. Peter gave a watery smile; he was glad to see that Ned was okay.

Firecrackers were shown being blown in the air as Scott, Hope, and Cassie sat together happily while Tony's voice was heard saying, "Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way."

Scott's heart tugged at seeing Cassie again, but he had missed five years. Tears prickled at the corner of Pepper's eyes at hearing Tony's voice.

T'Challa was shown hugging Queen Ramonda and Shuri in Wakanda as Tony's voice said, "Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing."

Steve laughed softly.

Shots of Scott, Hope and Cassie, T'Challa, Ramonda and Shuri, and Clint with his family were shown as Tony's voice said, "God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? That epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play." Clint was shown reuniting with Laura.

Clint smiled. Rhodey chuckled at what Tony was saying.

"And, for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in." Tony's voice said.

Tony had trouble swallowing the thought of Morgan growing up without him.

An Iron Man visor was shown on a table displaying a holographic recording of Tony to Pepper, Morgan, Rhodey, Happy and Steve as he said, "So I found the time, and I recorded a little greeting...In the case of an untimely death. On my part. Not that death in any time isn't untimely."

There were slight chuckles across the room. Tony was still clutching Pepper, Peter, and Rhodey.

Tony said, "This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's got me scratching my head about this. But then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end."

Everyone had tracks of tears down their cheeks.

Tony then stood up, "What am I even tripping for? Everything's going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to."

Rhodey shook his head sadly. It didn't. They lost two of the best members of the team.

Tony then knelt to look at Morgan and, with a smile, said lovingly, "I love you 3,000."

"Oh," said Pepper, blinking back tears.

The hologram disappeared as Morgan watched it sadly while Pepper had a half-smile due to Tony's words but looked like she could break down any moment.

Pepper did break down as Tony kissed her cheek.

Later, Pepper led Morgan out by the hand as the others followed them. Everyone else stood outside. The flowers were put on the water nearby and between them was the original Arc Reactor that said 'Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart.'