Chapter 2 glorious purpose part ii

Mobius turned on the projector. A hologram of the skyline of the aftermath of the Battle of New York, 2012 was shown.

Everyone sucked in a breath, and Loki clenched his jaw. Why did everything have to go back to the Battle of New York?

Loki scoffed, " What is this?" Mobius said it was a sampling of his greatest hits.

Loki felt a chill go down his spine. Although he considered himself and TVA Loki as different people, they were still Lokis. They had the same life until TVA Loki decided to pick up the Tesseract, so a sampling of TVA Loki's greatest hits would also be a sampling of his greatest hits. He shifted uncomfortably. He didn't want anyone seeing this, but it looked like he didn't have a choice.

The hologram switched to the original six Avengers standing in front of Loki after being defeated.

"So much has changed since then," said Bruce.

"I miss the days when Loki was our biggest problem," Tony said sadly.

Loki rolled his eyes.

Peter's eyes were wide. By now, he'd like to think he knew the Avengers pretty well, but there was still something about seeing the Avengers during the Battle of New York that blew his mind. The Battle of New York changed everything. Nothing was the same after that.

TVA Loki sighed and looked away from the hologram.

Everyone was reminded that the Battle of New York had just occurred for TVA Loki.

2012 Loki could be heard saying that he would have that drink now. Mobius offered his soda to Loki, but Loki said no.

Tony snorted.

Loki said he remembered since he was there. Mobius said it was funny for someone born to rule, he lost a lot. He also said that some might say it's in your nature.

Loki instantly stiffened as he remembered that Agent Coulson said the same thing before he killed him.

"You know, things didn't turn out so well for the last person who said that to me," said Loki.

Loki winced as the Avengers looked at him curiously.

"Oh yeah, Phil Coulson," said Mobius as he switched the hologram to Loki stabbing Coulson in the back with the Scepter.

Except Thor, the other five Avengers glared at Loki.

Thor sighed. He had been glad that everyone was getting along, but it looks like that was over.

"I haven't forgotten about Coulson," Clint snarled.

Loki looked slightly apologetic. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, he isn't actually dead."

The room was deadly silent.

"Explain," Natasha demanded, leaving no room for discussion.

"Heimdall informed me that Coulson survived."

The original six Avengers stared at Loki, astonished.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," said Tony, throwing his hands in the air.

"Coulson is...alive?" Steve said, stunned.

"Did you know about this?" Clint asked Thor, who had an equally baffled expression.

"No," Thor said quickly. "I didn't. Although, it would've been nice to know," he said to Loki.

"Coulson and I are going to have a conversation that he won't like," Clint said darkly.