Chapter 2 don't touch that dial

At night, Wanda and Vision were lying in separate beds in their bedroom, asleep.

Sam raised an eyebrow. "Separate beds? I thought Wanda and Vision were married."

"Because it was considered taboo to show couples sleeping in the same bed in really old sitcoms," Peter answered.

"Oh."

Tony snorted. It was so typical that Peter knew random facts about old sitcoms.

A loud thud wakes Wanda up, and she gasped. "What was that?" Wanda turned on a lamp telepathically, then turned it back off. Another thud prompted her to turn it on a second time, then off again. Vision removed his eye mask and asked her if she was using her powers to turn on the light.

"Why am I wearing an eye mask?" asked Vision, confused. "I don't require sleep."

No one had an answer for him.

There was another thud. Wanda said she was. "Allow me, sweetheart," said Vision. He stood up and turned on the light. He walked over to a window and pulled back the curtains to look around. "What do you see?" asked Wanda. "Only your lovely rose bushes," said Vision.

"Er, when did you start gardening?" Sam asked Wanda.

Wanda looked lost.

"That's all? Are you using your night vision, Vision?"

Everyone laughed.

"I assure you, my love, I see nothing amiss. You have absolutely no reason to be frightened..." There was another loud thud. Vision yelped.

Everyone snorted while Vision looked slightly embarrassed.

"You were saying?" said Wanda. Vision said he overhead some lads at works talking about unsavoury characters settling in the neighbourhood. "Walking through walls, moving objects without touching them," said Wanda. "Wanda, darling, you can't be suggesting my colleagues were referring to us."

"No one's seen us do anything," said Wanda.

"Except the Mr Hart incident," Peter pointed out.

"Which they strangely didn't remember," Bucky added.

"Exactly, so no one would be talking about Wanda and Vision," said Steve.

There was another thud. Wanda moved their beds together.

Sam, Tony, and Peter snickered.

"You saw the chance and took it," Sam told Wanda.

Wanda rolled her eyes. Vision laughed.

Vision said one of them should really determine the source of that sound. Wanda agreed with him. There was another thud, and both gasped. "Oh, this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to take a look," said Wanda.

"It's the suburbs," said Tony. "Not like anything dangerous is going to happen."

"Except the fact that SWORD is watching them," said Steve.

She telepathically swings the curtains open to reveal a branch hitting the window.

Everyone burst out laughing while Wanda and Vision looked sheepish.

"Both of you were scared of a tree!" Scott laughed.

Wanda thought they handled it well. "Yes, I must say I'm rather proud of myself. And look how you seized on the opportunity to redecorate," said Vision.