Chapter 1 glorious purpose part i

In the aftermath of the Battle of New York, 2012 Steve walked by the group as Rumlow opened the case.

"Oh," said Natasha. "We're seeing this again."

Bruce buried his face in his hands. He didn't want to see this again.

Steve said he was on his way to coordinate search and rescue. 2012 Loki transformed into Steve and repeated what he said.

Everyone snickered as Steve rolled his eyes.

Loki transformed back into himself, but 2012 Thor slapped a mask on Loki's mouth and told him to shut up.

Loki looked unimpressed.

2012 Tony closed the case with the Tesseract inside.

"Too bad we never got that Tesseract," said Rhodey. "It would've been a lot easier."

Tony sighed. "We had to go to 1970."

Hulk wanted to enter, but Thor and Tony stopped him from entering.

"Maybe we should've let him enter so 2023 me wouldn't have been hit in the head by the Hulk," said Tony.

"And lose the Tesseract," Steve added.

"It worked out in the end!" Bruce defended.

Thor told the Hulk to take the stairs, but the Hulk roared and punched the elevator.

Bruce cringed.

On the ground floor, Tony and Thor were escorting Loki with SHIELD agents. However, Alexander Pierce and his men stopped them and asked Tony to hand over the case.

Everyone scowled at seeing Pierce again.

"Cue my mild cardiac dysrhythmia," Tony muttered.

"It wasn't mild, Tony!" Peter cried.

The case dropped to the floor.

"Ah, there's my mild cardiac dysrhythmia."

2012 Loki raised his eyebrows. 2023 Scott kicked the case away as 2012 Loki looked confused.

"I would be too," said Bucky. Although he had already seen how the rest of the Avengers had time-travelled, it was still mind-blowing to see.

2023 Tony picked up the case, but Hulk burst through the door, causing both 2023 Tony and the Tesseract to fly back.

Even though all of them knew that would happen, they all sighed in disappointment.

The Tesseract fell out of the case and slid to 2012 Loki's feet. He quickly grabbed the Tesseract and used it to escape.

Everyone was incredibly curious to see where the other Loki would go and what would happen to him.

Loki, however, wasn't looking forward to seeing a younger, more idiotic version of himself.

2012 Thor asked where Loki was.

Thor smiled. "We'll see now."

In the Gobi Desert, Mongolia, a portal opened in the sky as Loki fell out of it and landed in the sand. 2012 Loki was lying in a small crater.

Everyone blinked in surprise.

"I wasn't expecting Mongolia," said Bruce.

"It was a quick escape," said Loki. "My alternate version didn't have time to think."