Chapter 6 one world, one people

"The movement is ready. They're not going to stop. Not unless we make them. It's time," said Karli to the other Flag Smashers.

Everyone was worried about what Karli was planning. She had already blown up a building with people in it before, so who knew what she was planning now.

A reporter on TV said there was a complete lockdown at the GRC meeting, and there was a no-fly zone in effect.

"Well, one person is going to be flying," said Rhodey, looking at Sam.

SWAT teams and the NYPD surrounded the building. Inside the meeting, all of the members looked confused and worried. Sam flew in the sky and said he was almost there, but a clear shot of his new wings wasn't seen.

"I want to see the suit," Steve whined.

Bucky was on the ground and asked him what the plan was.

"Better not be some stupid plan like Munich," grumbled Bucky.

Sam rolled his eyes.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open," said Sam. "Sergeant Barnes," an officer nodded and let Bucky pass.

Bucky blinked in surprise while Steve beamed.

Sam said he called in some backup. A man asked Bucky if he was supposed to be there.

Everyone looked at the man in confusion.

He took off his photostatic veil, revealing Sharon. "It's me."

Natasha grinned. "I love those veils." She couldn't have taken down HYDRA and the Red Room without them.

Peter's jaw dropped. "Holy shit, that's so cool! How does that even work?"

Bucky asked her what she was doing there.

And in the same place as the Karli and the Flag Smashers, Natasha thought.

Sharon said no one was looking for her and led Bucky away. Sam asked if he heard Sharon. "Unfortunately," said Bucky.

Everyone snorted.

Sharon greeted Sam, Sam thanked her and said she was risking a lot being there.

Steve winced and looked away. Sharon deserved better.

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway." "Depends on the therapist," said Bucky.

Everyone chuckled.

Sam told them to be ready since the Flag Smashers would move on to the building soon.

All of them tensed.

Sam could be seen flying overhead, but not clearly.

Steve groaned in frustration. He wanted to see Sam's Captain America suit!

Karli noticed Sam and said, "He's here. Do it now."

"Oh no," said Scott.

The guards put on Flag Smasher masks and dropped gas bombs on the floor.

Everyone frowned.

The council members started to cough and were escorted out of the room. They tried to leave, but a Flag Smasher was in their way.

"Get out of the way!"

Sam threw his shield through the window and hit the Flag Smasher.