Nothin' to lose

After the cop came to our house, I now also have a black eye. So at least John b isn't the only one. God I hate my father.

But enough of my family problems, we were all gathered together outside the chateau. I sat nex to Kie as she held an ice pack to my eye.

"Look, I'm calling it off. All right?" John b said as he walked outside to join us, "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?" JJ asked throwing another rock.

"Yes, I believe her, JJ." John b replied as he looked at me, he gave me a concerned look.

But I gave him a reasuring one. Telling him that I was okay without bringing the subject up.

"An actual cop, John b. You believed a cop." I asked as John b look at me confused.

Like I said me and JJ are similar. And no matter who I'm talking too, I will forever and always side with JJ. Even if we were fighting with Sarah.

"All I have to do is stay out of the marsh for a few days. And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting the gun." John b said as he kept his eyes on me.

"You know what she should have done man? She should of just let Topper drown your ass." JJ said as John b looked from me to JJ.

"Yeah because Topper was gonna drown me?" John b asked as I looked up and gave John b a reasuring look.

"Sure looked like it." I said giving him a half smile.

"Funny." John b replied rolling his eyes as I shrugged.

"I mean have you looked in the mirror?" JJ asked as he walked over to the rest of us.

"Tell me some more. Come on." John b encouraged and I just rolled my eyes.

Idiot.

"They always win, don't they, man?" JJ asked as I nodded as I leaned back, "Kooks versus Pouges."

"They always, always win!" I said as me and JJ pointed at each other.

"Look it's okay." Kie said trying to calm me and my twin down, but it wasn't working.

"No, it's not okay!" JJ shouted as he turned to everyone, "It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it. I know you do. And I understand why you don't wanna go."

"You're the golden boy. You got way to much to risk." I said as JJ pointed at Pope.

"And you--I mean you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother?" JJ said as he looked down at Kie and I stood up, standing between my brother and John b.

"But you, me, and JJ we got nothin' to lose! We really don't all right?" I said as I took a quick glance at JJ before turning to John b.

"JJ, Bella." John b said kind of tired of the two of us doing this.

We do it about once a week. Sometimes even twice a week. And it's not just about this specifically. I mean we add on to each other. Like every single day. And then we give big speeches about twice a week. It's fun.

"I know it didn't use to be that way for you." I said as I grabbed John b's hand, and I could feel JJ's glare but I didn't care.

"I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it." John b said as he took his hands from mine and put them in the air.

"So that's it?" JJ asked as John b walked past, pushing JJ on the way.

"Just get out of my way, bro." John b said angirly as I rushed towards him.

"John b!" I said as I walked closer to him, "Just listen to us, okay?"

JJ followed us as we stood on both sides of John b. He didn't seem to be having it, but I could care less. There's something in that water, and I want to find out what it is.

"You got the key to Cameron's big boat, right? Don't you both?" JJ asked as he turned towards me and John b as I nodded, "I don't know why Bells got one, but she does apperently."

"My key is Sarah dipshit." I scoffed as I rolled my eyes, "But here's the point John b, there's scuba gear."

"We just borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon and that is what's gonna save you, man." JJ added as he wrapped his arm around John b's shoulder.

"You don't see rich kids going into foster care, do you?" I said making John b rethink everything we had just said.