I love you

I was laid in the truck bed as Kie was sitting in a large tin bucket hanging from the tree. Honestly I don't want to know, and I'm to hungover to really care.

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked as he starred at Kie.

"Feels good." Kie replied.

"Taking you down." Pope said, because he didn't want her getting in, in the first place.

"Okay."

"John b pullin' a Houdini." JJ mumbled out of nowhere.

"Yeah, where is he?" Pope asked, but I have to admit, I'm a little worried too, "I got my scholarship interview tomorrow."

After that I didn't care what anyone else said. I was angry at John b, it was the truth, but I'm also worried about him.

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ shouted as I sat up in the truck bed.

I jumped out immediately rushing towards John b. But he seemed angry. No he didn't seem it, he was angry.

We all followed John b inside after he completely ignored me. Which didn't seem right. I would've thought that he would want to talk. Or at least hug me. I don't know.

"Babe?" I asked as I watched him go through everything, "Jb..." he wouldn't respond to me though.

"What are you looking for?" Kie asked over me trying to catch John b's attention.

It's like we weren't even here.

"Bro, what's going on?" JJ asked as he looked at me and then at John b.

But I don't think I did anything.

John b then turned before he walked towards me. I looked at him confused as he wrapped his arms around me. But it wasn't for a hug, he was pulling the gun out of my pocket.

I grabbed his hand stopping him from taking it. He looked me in the eyes, and I could see the hurt. No matter the words our friends were speaking I let go of his hand, and let him take the gun.

"John b, what do you need the gun for man?" JJ asked but John b ignored him, "Talk to us!"

JJ was then pushed on the mattress, John b grabbed my hand and started dragging me with him. I looked at Kie confused as John b pushed Pope out of the way.

"Give me the keys." John b said as he stopped next to my bike.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I'm not giving you the keys until you talk to me."

"I'm talking to you right now."

"No, I want to know what's going on."

He then tackled me to the ground causing me to scream, in surprise. The others ran out, Kie shouting as he faught the keys out of my hands.

He started my bike as I sat up.

"Ward knows about the gold!" John b shouted as he looked down at me, "He killed my dad..."

"No, John b, don't go!" I cried but he left.

Kie and Pope ran after him while JJ helped me up. There was no way we could catch up with him in time.

After everything I decided to stay at the Château. I know John b was going to come back, and I didn't care if I was waiting all night.

"Pope? Kie!" John b shouted out of the silence that night as I looked up.

"I'm here." I said walking into the hall, but he looked at me and broke down in sobs.

He practically collapsed into my arms as I fell against the wall. I held him tight in my arms and he slowly calmed down.

"I have an idea." I said as I got up and John b looked at me confused before following me.

I grabbed a photo of his dad, his last photo so I feel horrible for what I'm about to do. I grabbed a lighter, headed out on the dock. Out there we made a small boat for the picture to sit on and I handed John b the lighter.

"It's time to let go." I whispered as he pulled me inbetween his legs.

He lit the little boat on fire before putting it in the water. He kept his arms wrapped tightly around me as we watched it float away.

I then turned around, putting my legs on either side of his. His hands were placed on my hips as I moved closer but before I could kiss him he stopped me.

"Bella..."

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?" He asked as he cupped my cheeks, whipping his thumb acrossed my cut lip, and his other thumb across a second bruise on my face.

"I'm okay..." I whispered as I unbuttoned my top, showing him the others bruises, "But I wouldn't mind if you just held me..."

His fingers softly brushed over my bruises. A look of fear surrounded his eyes. But he then grabbed my thighs lifting the two of us up. I wrapped my legs around his waste as he carried us back to his room.

He callapsed to the bed where he held me tight in his arms. My hands slid under his shirt as he pulled me closer. My face nuzzled into his chest.

"I love you..." I finally whispered, I haven't said it yet, but John b's said it.

"You love me?" He asked confused, and his voice was still broken, it made me hurt.

"Of course I love you silly." I smiled, "And if you ever leave me, I'll hunt you down, and won't let you leave my side."

"I promise I'll never leave you." John b said, "And if I do, kill me."