The great escape

We arrived at a boat where I helped Terrance and Cleo move the gold. A sheirff drove over in a boat, me and Cleo leaned against the tailgate of the truck while Terrance and Stubby were on the boat.

"Hi, guys. Have a good day." Cleo said nervously as I awkwardly waved at the officers.

We had finished loading all gold after that. Terrance had sent Stubby to go dump the truck. And now, we just wait.

"We said we'd wait, so we wait." Cleo told Terrance as I grew more nervous by the second.

Time seemed to pass and neither of them had showed up. It made me worried that Sarah didn't make it.

"Would you stop fidgeting? You're making me figit." I said glaring at Terrance who didn't seem scared of me.

Which is a shocker because a lot of people are scared of me.

"They'll be here. Just wait on 'em." Cleo added.

"Guys! Guys! Guys!" Stubbs shouted running into the open door knocking his head on the way in, "Coppers! They're lookin' all over for us. They got patrols all on State Street."

"It's ten minutes to six. We gotta get the hell outta here." Terrance said as I got up, if they were leaving I was getting off the boat right now.

I've been away from John b for long enough.

"We said we'd wait." Cleo hissed.

"Look, they could be dead. They could've been caught. Get us outta here, Stubbs. I am not waitin' to get pinched." Terrance said walking out as me and Cleo followed.

"Just wait ten more minutes!" I shouted.

"Call Doc Marsh!" Cleo added.

But then a police car came flying down the street towards us. Oh shit.

"Cheese on bread." Cleo mummbled causing me to give her a confused look.

What did she just say?

"Donna you comin'?" Cleo asked me, a new nickname.

I like it.

"Yep come on Leo." I said giving her, her own nickname.

As a shoot out started we ducked bullets while running off. We jumped off the boat fighting through officers to try and find John b and Sarah.

We ran down the streets. And we ran out of an Alley way just to be hit by a car. We both went flying over as I groaned on the ground. That hurt.

"Shit bubs." I groaned as John b was now hovering over me and Cleo.

"Bella? Cleo?"

"Some freaking rescue." We groaned as he tried to help me up but I slapped him away.

"You ran us over." Cleo groaned as we got in the back of the car they were driving.

"Where'd you get your licenese, JB?" I asked as I slid to the far side of the back seat.

"Great state of North Carolina." He replied getting in the front.

We then started to drive down the street. Cleo explained everything to John b and Sarah as I groaned in pain.

Usually if I got hit by a car I would be fine. But I just got my boot off, and I have a bullet wound from like a week ago? I'm not sure to be honest.

And to make everything better we were now being followed by cops. I don't think the world is on our side today.

He finally lost the cops as we parked inbetween boats. We waited in the silence for a little while.

We got out of the car and my first instinct was to hug John b. My arms wrapped around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waste.

"You are never leaving me again." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"You were the one that told me to leave." He laughed as I pulled out of the hug and kissed him.

"Never again." I said with a serious face as he nodded.

"I promise." He said holding his pinkie out as I wrapped mine around his.

"Love birds, I hate to break the moment but we gotta go." Cleo said and after that we followed her into the night.

Cleo helped Sarah out since I refused to let John b leave my side. And I would have helped Sarah but she refused to let me. So, it was kind of an all around thing.

"I got an uncle who works at this marina. We're safe here. Recognize the boat?" Cleo asked as we followed after her.

"My dad's boat." Sarah said as Cleo helped her down into it.

"I thought you would've pawned it by now." John b said getting in before helping me in.

"Seems like a good time to give it back to you." Cleo replied, "Wish I could join you guys. It's a nice dinghy."

"You're not coming with?" Sarah asked in disbelief.

"Are you kidding? You two are so hot I'm better off on my own." Cleo said pointing at me and John b.

"Thank you, seriously." I smiled at her while my arm was wrapped around John b's hip, and his around my shoulder.

"No problem Donna. Maybe one day I'll get the same thing you two got. Somebody who helps me too. Hang tight. I'm gonna get the keys." Cleo said before walking away.

"Donna?" Sarah asked looking at me.

"Only she gets to call me that."

But then a light shined on us and an officer arrive. But Cleo wacked him with an oar before throwing us the keys and jumping in the water.

We drove off quickly, shots being shot at us as we stayed low.

Why is it, we're always being shot at?