Melted

I got to Tannyhill to see Barry and Rafe standing by something they just set on fire. I walked over seeing the cross melting and I screamed running over.

"Rafe stop it!" I shouted as I tried to put the fire out but Rafe pushed me away.

"What the hell?!"

"Rafe I need it! Please!" I shouted as Barry put his foot on my chest keeping me from moving as I was forced to watch the cross burn.

So much for Pope's trust in me.

"No, no, Rafe please I've been through hell and back tonight, I just need one win."

"I can see." Rafe said examining all the cuts and newly forming bruises, "But this isn't going to be you're win."

"Shit." I sighed as my head hit the ground beneath me.

The next day I was walking down town. My heart shredded to pieces. I had promised Pope something I failed at. I had almost killed my brother. I lost my best friend. And it all happened in the same day.

I got to the Château. Devestated that I had to tell Pope what had happened. Everyone was hanging out hugging Big John. And I still had dried blood all over my body, and bright bruises.

I thought since my dad was gone that I wouldn't have to deal with this shit anymore. Clearly I was wrong. I'm just crazy.

"Pope." I mumbled as Pope looked over at me.

"Bella, my hero!" Pope shouted as me and him walked away for a second, the others watching confused.

Once we were somewhere else I broke down in tears. I fell against the tree as Pope bent down next to me. I couldn't help the tears the flowed. I was a failer.

"Woah, Bells what happened?"

"I made a promise I couldn't keep. I let you trust me when you shouldn't have." I sighed as Pope looked at me confused, "They held me down, made me watch."

"Made you watch what?"

"They burned the cross."

Fear was shown in Pope's eyes as he sat down next to me. I looked at him with tears as he sighed. He was angry, but he wasn't going to show it, not yet.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Pope replied as we walked back to our friends, his arm around my shoulder as my head rested on his shoulder.

We all gathered around, I was laying on my stomach looking at John b as he explained where he had been the past two days.

"Yeah, yeah, so we, um...we went to the archives in Charlston, and, uh...it was... it was a dead end." John b explained, as I looked at him confused.

I don't believe it.

"So that's the gold, the cross, and now El Dorado." Pope mentioned as I sighed.

"Man, we live in a shit show." I mumbled.

"We're three-for-three, guys." JJ mentioned as Sarah looked over at John b, he smiled at her making me roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna head out." I said as Pope helped me up.

"Be safe." JJ shouted as I gave him a thumbs up and finished me beer, tossing it at him, "Love you too."

I was walking down the dock, and jumped a booth. I grabbed a beer from a cooler holding it to my head when Topper showed up out of nowhere.

"Bella?"

I looked at him and waved. I didn't really care how he saw me. I was a wreck, maybe he could help.

"Hey Top." I smiled rolling over the counter so I was standing next to him, "You wanna go do something?"

"Yeah, me and a bunch of friends are going to the beach, you wanna hit it up?"

"Why not, it's not like I have a boyfriend or best friend to hang out with." I said smiling at him.

"Right."

We got to his boat and we drove to the beach. Luckily I was wearing a bikini top and shorts.

"Yo, Top!" Kelce shouted as I turned around to see him and a bunch of kooks on a boat, "Holy shit, is that Belladonna Camron?"

"Hi Kelce." I fake smiled.

"Bro please tell me she's coming." Kelce asked and I nodded as he cheered.

Why do so many kooks love me now?