Denmark Tanny

"We gotta clean this wound." I said as I touched it slightly and John b winced.

"No, no, Bella... Sarah, I--I cannot be here." John b fought the both of us as we pulled into the Camron drive way.

"Okay, well, you have to trust me." Sarah replied.

"Yeah, I did that one time already." John b replied as I rolled my eyes, this is getting ridiclous.

I'm really regretting not just bringing Kie.

"We've already been through this. I didn't rat you out, okay." Sarah replied, here comes the arguing.

"Suck it up, buttercup." I smiled kissing John b's forehead before opening the door.

John b sighed before following me out the door. Sarah leading the way towards her house. And I swear, John b is literally crouching behind me.

"Hey, I don't think your old man would be happy if an ex-employee was bleeding all over his house." John b continued to fight me and Sarah as we casually walked into the house.

"Shh." We shushed him as I pulled him along.

"So don't bleed." I replied as Sarah went to open a door and I dragged John b through it.

What is up with him?

"Hey!" A shout came from upstairs, and I knew that it was Ward so I quickly pushed John b into the other room, "Jerry, don't tell me we can't renegotiate that rate. We can absolutely renegotiate the rate, Jerry."

Me and Sarah just stood at the end of the stairs. Watching Ward walk down them as I casually leaned against the door way I pushed John b through

"That's what we're doing right now." Ward said as he started to walk towards us.

"Hi." We smilied as he gave us a confused look, since we were both standing strange.

"What are you two doing?" Ward asked as we both thought of something to say.

"Well, what do you mean?" Sarah asked as I rolled my eyes.

Great answer, really good.

I could hear a frustarted groan come from John b. So I slowly let my hand into the other room before I slapped it over his mouth. Ward, surprisingly, didn't seem to notice.

"Shut the door. Come on, sweetie." Ward said as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry." Sarah mumbled while watching Ward walk out.

When he was gone I let go of John b's mouth and grabbed his hand before dragging him up the stairs. Sarah running first to make sure the coast was clear.

Because apperently, she wasn't home alone.

Sarah opened the door to her father's office to my surprise. She pushed the two of us in. Before shutting the door and walking away.

"Okay. Sit down." I said sternly as John b sat down on the couch in front of me.

Not to much longer Sarah came back with some rubbing alchole and a first aid kit. I took them from her before kneeling in front of John b and lifting his shirt as Sarah sat down in one of the arm chairs.

"That's gotta be disinfected." Sarah mentioned as I nodded.

You don't think.

"Is that rubbing alchole?" John b asked as I opened the first aid kit.

"Yes. It's the only way to be safe." I replied as I poured some of it on the small cloth I was holding, "Okay, close your eyes. On the count of three. Ready? One, two..."

Before I even got to three I placed the cloth against his wound. Causing him to scream out in pain as I once again covered his mouth. I looked over at Sarah shocked and confused as she gave me the same look.

What the fuck?

"Shh! Are you kidding me?" I hissed as I removed my hand from his mouth.

"Never heard anyone whine like that before. I mean Bella jumped out of a moving vehical and didn't even cry." Sarah replied leaning into her chair as I continued to clean his wound.

But he slapped my hand away telling me to stop. Again I looked at Sarah, and she rolled her eye.

Seriously, what is up with him today.

"Excuse you." I replied as I looked back at him.

"Sorry. Sorry." He mumbled as I started again, "Who, uh...who's the dude on the wall?"

"Oh, it's Denmark Tanny, founder of Tannyhill." Sarah explained.

"Founder?"

"Mm-hm."

"So, how did a slave found a cotten plantation?"

"He was a free man. He's kind of a mystery, he showed up out of nowhere and paid for all the land around here in gold."

"In gold?" We both asked as I looked up at him.

"Mm-hm."

John b got up before I could finish as I groaned in frustation, "Hey, wh--she's not finishched Sancho."

"I recognize that name. He--he was on the Royal Merchant. But there was no survivors."

I sighed before grabbing the rest of what I need and walking over. As John b turned around our faces so close I could feel his hot breath.

"Hey, Sarah, what else do you know about this guy?" John b asked, and his lips slightly brushed against mine as I shook it off and finished what I started.

"When we first moved in, we found a diary, an almanac, a bunch of papers. Ward donated all of it to the state archives at Chapel Hill."

"Can I go see that?" John b said as he let his shirt fall since I was done.

"See what?"

"The--the archieves. I need--I need to see them."

"I mean, I can get you in if you want. He's a got a trustee pass."

"Yeah, yeah. I need that."

"To Chapel Hill?"

"Yes. Right now."

"Why now?"

"I... I can't tell you that."

"More fugistive stuff? Does Bella know?"

"Yeah." We both nodded as I closed the first aid kit.

"Also fugitive adjacenst, sort of." I explained.

"Its, um...it's a matter of national security." John b continued.

"I've just waited my entire life for someone to say that to me." Sarah replied with a weird expression as I laughed.

"Look--God. I know this sounds crazy, but I really need to borrow that pass."

"The less you know, the better. Okay? You've just-- you've gotta trust us." I explained as Sarah looked at me.

"No. I don't trust anyone."

That's not true.

"Especially not with a trustee pass."

"I need to go now." John b continued to beg although I don't think it's going to get him anywhere.

"Okay, then I'm coming with you."

"No."

"Yes. One last mission, and then I'm out of this dirty, dirty game."

She then slapped him where I just fixed him. Causing him to groan as she walked out. He looked at me for help, as if I could change her mind.

I just shrugged and followed after Sarah.