Did you tell JJ

We were all suppose to be surfing together. But only me and John b were at the beach. So we were sitting in the water waiting for the other three to show up.

"Hey, do you remember...when you kissed me?" I asked out of nowhere causing John b to look towards me.

"Yeah. Yeah, I remember." John b said sounding slightly nervous.

"Did you tell JJ?" I asked, because of course I know what JJ told me, but I never told him about the kiss.

Did John b ever talk to him.

"Um...I had to." John b replied as I gave him a confused look, "I mean pouges don't lie to pouges, right?"

What is with all the pouge rules?

"And plus, JJ just laughed at me because you shot me down, so--" John b said looking down as I smiled, that sounds like JJ.

"I didn't shoot you down." I laughed as I watched the embarrassment grow on John b's face, "I mean, it was really bad timing. You were freaking out, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, no, I--I was freaking out. I was freaking out." John b said nodding as I rolled my eyes.

Such a liar.

"Why do you ask?" John b asked as I looked up from my surfbored.

Oh boy.

"I never ended up telling him." I shrugged as I moved my bored closer to John b, "You're his best friend John b, I didn't know how to tell him. So I assumed you told him."

"Hey! Save some waves for us!" JJ shouted as him, Pope, and Kie ran out into the water.

"Hey, where you been?" I shouted with a laugh.

Well the rest of the day consisted of surfing. Again, normal teen moments like these, are the best moments.

After that, night had fallen and we all gathered in the backyard of the château. JJ and Kie were on the hammock. I was laying on the ground looking at the stars.

Silence overtook us. Which caught me by surprise, because I can't remember a single moment JJ is quite.

"You really think it's out there? Like, no bullshit?" Pope asked breaking the silence as I groaned.

I was so close to falling asleep.

"My father thought it was." John b replied as he got off his chair and laid next to me.

"But do you?" Pope asked as I held my hand out and John b grabbed it.

I'm surprised JJ hasn't said anything stupid yet.

"After hearing his voice on that tape..." John b started to explain as I interwinded our fingers, "I think I do."

"Only one way to find out." I mentioned as I placed a kiss on John b's cheek.

"Look, we're gonna find it, you know." Kie mentioned as I placed my head on John b's chest, "Even JJ believes."

Really?

"Oh, my god, JJ, do you really believe?" I asked sarcastically causing John b to let out a muffled laugh.

"Totally. Wait. Are we talking about four mil?" JJ asked as I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Four hundred mil." Kie and Pope said in unison.

"Jinx." Kie said softly.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks. Good night, Bird!" JJ mentioned as I laughed.

There was the stupid comment.

"Good night, bird shit!" John b replied causing me to laugh.

"You know JJ, you were so close to going a whole conversation without saying something stupid." I mumbled causing Kie to giggle slightly.

John b played with the ends of my hair as I slowly closed my eyes. The night taking me as I relaxed, surrounded by my best friends.