Moldy bread

"That bread had mold on it three days ago." I said as I watched JJ making a sandwhich.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ shrugged as I rolled my eyes, "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

"JJ, Bella." Kie said summing us over.

"Yup, Yup, Yup." We replied as we ran over, "Hot damn! Let's do this."

JJ started gagging as he spit the modly sandwich into my hand. Why did I let him? I didn't. Why did he do it? I don't know. I groaned as the two of us ran towards the kitchen.

I threw away JJ's gross sandwhich as washed my hand as he grabbed a knife to cut the bad parts off. I was disgusted to say the least.

"What's that?" JJ asked as I walked over to see what John b was holding.

"It's a tape recorder dumbass." I replied shoving him out of the way.

"Dear Bird."

Who ever was on the other line started but I got confused. Who the hell was bird?

"Who's bird?" I asked looking at John b who looked up at me.

"That's what my dad called me." John b explained to me as I nodded slightly.

"I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either. You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listenin to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Cobra Rica. Livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the merchant. If somethin' happens to me finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid. I love you, bird, even if I didn't always act like it. I'll see you on the other side."

And that was the end of the tape. John b got up and started crying as he leaned in the doorway. JJ was shocked that Big John did it. But all I cared about was making sure that John b was okay.

I walked over wrapping my arms around John b as he held onto the post of the doorway. I rested my cheek on his shoulder as I listened to his sobs.

"I'm here." I whispered as I placed a small kiss on his cheek, "Let it out okay?"

He turned around pulling me into a long hug. He barried his face in my neck as I rubbed his back. I didn't know what I was suppose to do, I didn't know how I was suppose to help.

Later we were all gathered outside. Kie, JJ, and Pope were talking as me and John b were at the bottom of the dock. My feet were dipped in the water as John b's head rested in my lap.

I could feel him starring up at me. But I just continued to look ahead of me. The moon shinning off the water had my full attention.

The others joined us. Sitting against pulls and behind us. We were going to talk split of the money if we found the merchant. Which I'm sure we will. I don't think John b is going to let us give up until we do find it.

"Now, before we say 'evenely' may I remind you that Bella is the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us. And it's my gun." JJ pointed out as I rolled my eyes.

I didn't really think it was safe for JJ to have a gun. So I'm the one that hangs onto it. But it's classified as his.

"Protection? Not cheap, okay?" JJ mentioned as I held up the gun from my pocket and he snatched it.

"Neither of you are trianed." Pope mentioned as I played with John b's hair, "You've done zero training."

"Youtube bro." JJ mentioned as I looked down at John b who look exsasuted, "That's at least a five percent bump right there."

"You haven't--" Pope tried to object again but JJ didn't seem to care.

"Any objections? Didn't think so." JJ replied as everyone stayed quite except for Pope and both me and Kie raised our hands.

Everyone started talking about what they were going to do with the money. I listened sort of as John b did the same.

"What are you gonna do Jb?" Pope asked as John b sighed.

"Go going full Kook." John b smiled as I looked at him and he whispered, "And I'm gonna marry you."

"I heard that." JJ shouted pointing at the two of us as I smiled and placed a kiss on John b's forehead.

"I think we all did." Kie laughed as Pope did as well.

"Is that a proposal?" Pope asked as I started laughing as well.

"It better not be." JJ added which caushed a play fight to break out between John b and JJ.