All planned out

We took the Heyward boat out. To find the ship wreck. A day of doing normal teenage stuff had passed, now it was time for the real work to begin.

"All right, JJ. Pin it here." John b shouted back to my brother.

"Rodger that! X marks the spot." JJ replied.

"All right, ladies and gentlemen." John b said holding the drone up, ready to lower it, "To going full Kook."

The drone was placed in the water as I helped John b. Pope was driving the drone and Kie was lowering it. We had it all planned out before we got here.

"Ten seconds northwest." I told John b as he looked back at my brother.

"All right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John b shouted back towards my brother.

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." JJ said, well at least he can be normal right now.

"One hundred feet!"

Pope gasped causing John b to rush over and see what was going on. I got a quick glimpse and rolled my eyes. Oh poor Pope.

"It's nothing."

When Pope started to quote the Hobbit is when I ignored all conversation. That was unless it was important, or someone was responding to what I had said.

"Four hundred feet!"

"The tide's turning." Kie said and me and John b looked up at each other.

The monitor started beeping as I looked down at it. John b was waiting for me to say something, anything.

"Hey, JJ?" I looked back at him.

"Yup?" He asked not even looking back at me for a second.

"Ten seconds easy." I said before turning my full attention back to the monotor, "South-south east."

"Copy that." He replied as John b walked over and stood by my side, with his hand resting on my shoulder.

"JJ, 20 seconds mid-speed, all right? South." John b told JJ after I pointed something out to him.

"Copy that! Aye, aye."

"Keep the tether out of the prop!"

"I'm trying." Kie shouted as I ran over to help her.

"JJ, keep going."

"Okay, 700 feet." I shouted as Kie marked it down.

Everything feel quite as the wind starting getting rougher. Today wasn't much better to do this then yesterday was.

"Bella, come take the wheel!" JJ shouted as Kie gave me an understanding look.

I ran off taking the wheel from JJ. JJ stumbled out the door to help Kie while I tried my best to keep the boat steady. The whole reason he wanted me back here, was of course so I didn't get hurt.

"900 feet!"

"Bells, we'll turtle in this storm." Pope shouted, and of course I knew that but it was up to John b to leave or not.

"920"

"Crank it north by northwest! Ten seconds!" John b shouted, and I'm gonna take that as he doesn't want to give up.

"South, south-west, Bee. Hard!" John b shouted as I nodded, "Half speed. Steady at this bearing, Bee."

I slowed the boat as I tried to keep the boat steady. While watching what was going on behind me. Kie shouting random numbers.

"Steady here Bee, steady here. Quarter speed, all right?" John b said looking back at me.

Everyone surronded Pope as I looked back. They all looked happy, especially John b. JJ looked shocked and Kie gave me a smile.

"See anything?" I shouted back.

No answer.

But a few minutes later everyone looked disappointed. Everyone was shouting at each other, and I could tell that wasn't a good sign.

I looked over at John b to see him stressed out. That poor kid.

The words John b spoke broke me, "Somebody beat us to it."

JJ walked back to the drivers seat as I walked out and sat next to John b. I rested my head on his shoulder after he lifted the hood on his head.

"I'm sorry Jb." I whispered softly as he rested his head on top of mine.

"It's not your fault." John b replied as he sighed and grabbed my hand, "Can you just stay with me today?"

I chuckled slightly and I could tell John b was embarressed, "Yeah I can stay with you John b."

We got back to the docks where I left JJ with the other two. And I got on the SMS Pouge with John b. I sat at the front as he drove us through the marsh.

I wish there was something I could do to help him.