Chapter 3

violet elder: 

dear diary:

me and Linda visited Maya yesterday, I've been to Maya's house a few times before.

she lives a few blocks away so I can always walk there, both mine and Maya's moms became close friends when we moved here, but I never knew that Maya had an older brother who wasn't Adam.

I later learned that his name was Theodore he was also 17 and he went to juvie because he was in a dangerous fight with other guys.

it wasn't like his parents couldn't bale him out, his father wanted him to learn the hard way as Maya explained.

I later went home had lunch, took a shower, and slept.

vee.

"vee come downstairs Jordan wants to talk about something important" Martin came into my room and explained, "I'll be down in a minute".

mom had us both take a class on good manners ever since Martin kicked an old guy at the store for making me cry, put in mind he was 5 at the time.

I made my way down and everyone was there " yeah, what is it ?"  I asked " have a seat honey," Jordan  said and I did as he asked.

"as you all know I've been working hard ever since we came here" mom looked at him in a 'go on' look and he did " my boss has a yearly gathering for hard-working employs this year its in my honor, I'd like to take you all, we could go as a family, what do you think?".

the room went silent for a few seconds before mom broke the silence "oh my god, yes we'll be there I'm so proud of you darling" mom hugged him happily and he looked at me and Martin waiting for an answer " count me out " Martin was the first to answer.

ever since we moved to California Martin hasn't said a word to Jordan, he was against the entire idea of us moving, and I don't blame him.

He lived 19 years in the middle east, it almost felt like he was in shock to be moving.

"And why is that ?" Jordan asked " I don't feel like it plus I'll be busy " Martin replied, " I didn't even tell you what day it is," Jordan said in an angry tone.

"I'm sure I'll be busy whatever day it is" he got up and started making his way out the door "where do you think you're going?" Jordan asked him "away from where ever you are " with that he slammed the door.

Jordan looked at me "I'll be there, but I make no promises in bringing Martin along " he only responded with a nod and I went upstairs.

even tho I didn't like the idea of going I didn't want to upset him, he was nice to me. 

...........................................................................................................................

  I've been up in my room doing homework that I didn't do last week, I'm a  lazy person, and as a lazy person would do I didn't do everything today. 

I changed my clothes, got my phone and went downstairs "where do you think you're going young lady?" my mom asked from the couch "out on a walk " she looked at me like I was insane "I hope you're going with your brother? " she asked,  "no mom he's not back yet".

"then no going out" she stated, " oh come on, Martin didn't even ask ".

"That's different," she told me " how is it different ?"  I asked "he's a boy" wow as if I didn't know " mom come on I'm not a child anymore plus we both have black belts 2 Dan in taekwondo, why don't you trust me ?".

"it's not you I don't trust, it's the world"  she explained, give me a better excuse.

"mom come on I'll be quick," I told her " vee enough no means no now go to your room" was her final word. 

I fell back on my bed with a sigh, god I hate it here.

I looked out the window and got an idea,  there is a tree right next to my window, I opened the window and went down and so my walk began.

...............................................
Foggy020sheep