Chapter 13

Yazan and I were sitting on a chair outside while mama was in the room with dad.

"I'm hungry, yazan" I stated "just a little more and mama will come out so we can eat" he reaccured me.

"can I run?" I asked again "no Aisha! You can't run in a hospital".

Why does he always spoil my dreams.

Mama came out of the room with a little sad smile.

"can we see him now?" I jumped up from the chair.

"not now your father needs to rest, how about we go and get something to eat?" she asked us.

"I want a cheese burger" I jumped up and down"Yazan what about you darling?" mama held out her hand for both me and Yazan to take and we did.

"I don't care" he said in a clearly upset tone.

"what's wrong my love?" she asked as she bent down so she's at his level.

"I want to see him, I miss him" he said referring to our father.

"I know you do, we all do I promise" she creased his cheek .

"It's alright, he's going to get better I know it" he said as if he's trying to convince himself that.

"I want food, I'm starving" I stated yet again as we walked out of the hospital.

"wanna race to the car?" Yazan asked me, I nodded my head and started running without a warning .

"hey! no fair" he said and ran after me.

we got our food and sat down to eat, when Yazan went to wash his hands I asked mama the question that's been on my mind all day.

"mama?" I asked "yeah honey what is it?" she asked as she looked up from her phone.

"is dad going to be okay?" I asked, she cupped my face moving a piece of hair from my face and smiling a bit.

"I don't know honey" she hugged me into her chest and started telling me stories about her and dad when they were younger.

Yazan came back from the bathroom with a cup in his hand "I got you some jelly" yazan said as he sat in front of me.

"you're my favorite brother you know that" I told him "I'm your only brother" he said in a duh tone.

We ate and laughed a little.

we drove back to the hospital in hopes to see dad, it was a silent ride and music played in the back ground.

mama talked to a nurse and she told her she'll try and let us in so we can see him.

It was the best day of my life.

"let's go" I jumped and begged mama.

"alright just don't make too much noise he might be tired" we walked over to his room, but couldn't get far.

Doctors and nurses were coming in and out of his room.

"excuse me what's going on?" my mom tried to ask one of the nurses.

"the patient is in a life or death state please stay out of the way" it was like the world stopped.

We had to sit down and wait, it was like waiting for an eternity.

Finally a doctor came out of the room and looked at my mom.

"time of death 7:45 pm".

It was the worst day of my life.

................................

Foggy020sheep