Chapter 8

violet elder: 

dear diary  

yesterday  I had a lot to do, I did a lot of homework and housework.

after finishing them I went on a walk, I also helped Theo with his wounds.

other than that nothing happened.

today tho, my mom's side of the family is coming to visit, they came from the middle east, my aunties.

I'll write if I have time.  

" violet come say hi, your cousins are here" oh god not them please not them "coming" I yelled.

 as I walked downstairs I could hear everyone " ya rabe hay bentic?" (omg is that your daughter?) my auntie asked my mom " ah 7alto it's me" (yes auntie)  I replied "kefek? min zaman 3anek" (how are you it's been so long) she asked " ana mneha, ente kefek?" (I'm alright, how about you".

"tata ma ejat?"(grandma didn't come) Martin asked as he came down "ya Hayati sho kabran" (oh my life how you've grown) "hi 7halto" (auntie) Martin said and hugged her.

"Martin darling, help your cousins with the bags," my mom told him "alright" he went out to help them and I took some bags and went to the guest's room, I overheard my auntie talking to my mom.

"you changed their names?" my auntie asked my mom "yes Heba, what was I supposed to do" my mom answered "Jude, you know better than anyone else that you shouldn't have changed them" my auntie spat back.

I walked in to prevent any more drama from unfolding, my cousins walked in at the same time "hala be bent 7alte"  (hello to my cousin/the daughter of my aunt) my cousin Ali said "hello" I waved from a decent "ta3ali les kteer b3eda?" (come closer why so far?) he asked.

here's the deal I'm the only girl from both my mom's and dad's side of the family, everyone was disappointed in my parents when I was born so when we moved away it was the best thing ever.

"Ali stay away you know your father wouldn't like you talking to girls," my auntie said, that's the worst part of being Arab, talking to the male gender was like commuting murder, so I kept my distance.

"Sorry," Ali said "okay I'm going to Maya's house she needs help with schoolwork, can no one go into my room please" I stated "alright, but don't be late remember we have the thing tonight" my mom ordered "yeah okay let me just change" I ran upstairs, changed and went back down.

I changed into a pair of jorts and a baby tee-shirt with some slippers.       

"Alright, mom I'm out"  I was about to reach the door when I heard my aunties voice " where do you think you're going with that outfit young lady?" she questioned "to my friend's house" I answered " not wearing that you aren't" she stood up.  

"It's literary 107 degrees out, so yes in that outfit" I tried reaching for the door again but was stopped once more " I'm not letting you out with this" she pointed to my outfit, just as I was about to say something Martin came into the room so I took my shot.

" hey, Martin is something wrong with my outfit?" I asked him, he looked me up and down " no nothing wrong" he said  "how can you allow her to go out in it?" she's not gonna let it go "she has a mother that has no problem with her clothes, plus I don't see anything wrong with it" with that he left and so did I.

I walked to Maya's house and knocked, she opened and we went to her room "you don't look so happy" Maya stated "will my aunt came this morning and she started bossing me around like I owed her shit " I flopped on her bed " what did she do?" she asked.

"she started telling me how my outfit is unappropriated to go out in, you should have seen how Martin shut her up" I laughed "MAYA" someone yelled and Maya sighed into her pillow " I'll be right back" she got up and left. 

I sat and waited for her when I heard a knock on the door, it was Theo "hey" I smiled "hi" he was quiet for a while "so did you bring what I asked you for?" he asked "oh yeah here" I said and handed him his homework.

when he was at my house last time he asked me to bring his homework from school and I did "if you need any help with anything feel free to ask" I smiled again "thanks" was all he said and he left.

"so where were we," Maya asked as she came into the room " you were about to pull your books out so we can start," I said as I pulled my own books " you're no fun".

.................................................................

foggy020sheep