Chapter 23

Theodore martel:

I woke up in my bed.

I don't remember getting in it in the first place.

I got up and went down stairs.

"you're up" my mother smiled at me
"Mattina Theo " my grandmother said from the couch. (morning).

"Ehi grammi" I walked over to the couch where she was sitting and laid my head my her lap and breathed in her perfume. (hey grams).

"how did I get here?" I asked genuinely not remembering a thing.

"violat brought you in" my mother said "Ragazza forte" my grandmother added (strong girl).

"I don't understand how did I end up in bed?" I asked again.

"she carried you on her back, do you seriously not remember a thing" my mom came over and checked my temperature with her hand.

"I don't" I said and rolled my head onto its side.

"Adam offered to help her, but she said that she's got you" damn I think I fell in love even more.

"wait Adam was here?" I shot up.

yet another question.

Adam, my big brother has a growing business of his own as a fashion designer, so he has a house of his own that's very far from ours.

"yeah, he wanted to take you and Maya out, but you were sleeping" I just nodded my head and went back to grams lap.

I loved her more than my own mother, she was always there, always listening and feeding me.

She's the one who got me into cars, my father probably took all of my mothers money after grandpa passed away.

Because my mom's side was rich, like extremely rich.

My grandmother changes a car every month.

She flies out to her other house in Italy sometimes, that's why I don't get to see her offen.

"she's a very pretty girl you know" gams said as she played with my hair, if she doesn't stop I'm falling asleep.

"I know, very Carino" I replied "when are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend, she seems to make you happy" she added. (pretty)

"how do you know she makes me happy" I asked her, I'm falling asleep fast.

"because you only sleep on my lap, that means you trust me and love me" she started.

"when you were a child you never slept in your fathers arms or your mother's you were always crying" I remember my mother telling me that.

"you only slept in my arms, even as you grew older, you're falling asleep right now aren't you?" she questioned.

I only hummed in response.

"anyways, when that girl came in carying you, you were fast asleep, full on snoring" she laughed at the memory.

"yeah she's great, I like her"

I said those words and fell asleep again.

..............................

I woke up to grams snoring on top of my head.

I heard loud movement up stairs, so I went to cheak it out.

My mother and father were behind a closed door and there's water coming out of the door.

"fuck".

I slammed the door open hard.

The regular scene was In front of me.

Mom on the floor and dad over her with a broken bottle of vodka?.

I looked at my mother, she seemed okay no blood nothing wrong.

So I went over to my father.

"you never know when to stop do you?" I asked him.

I seem to be asking alot of questions today.

"don't get into the adult talk" he spat, he's drunk.

"do shit like that one more time, one more fuckin time and I'm calling the cops" I raised my finger to his face.

SMACK.

the bottle in his hand had just hit my head.

Cool.

I felt blood start to drip from my face.

I did the one thing I know would cause a shit show in the house.

I punched my dad in the face.

"stay away from her" I took my mother's hand and went down stairs.

My father followed with a hand on his nose, but didn't say a thing and walked out the door.

I sat my mother down on the chair.

"are you alright, did he do anything to you?" I asked her as I turned her head in my hands.

"theo your head" she tried to reach for it, but I backed away.

"don't worry about me".

Just as I said those words Adam and Maya walked into the house.

"good you're here, take care of ma I'm going to the hospital" I didn't let anyone talk to me I just went out the door.

I didn't go to the hospital, I went to her house.

...................................................
Foggy020sheep