chapter 29

Theodore Mertle:

it's been 3 weeks since the incident, or that's what everyone is calling it.

I got into a fight with Mattheo.

He kept yelling at me saying that we agreed to stop, and that he didn't want to lose another friend to drugs or suicide.

He's still not talking to me, but I know that he'll cave in any time soon.

Aisha hasn't left my side and for that I'll forever be thankful, she comes over every day to make sure I've eaten or even drank water.

she dragged me to school the week after I got out of the hospital saying it will help with my mood.

little does she know that staying by her side already does change my mood.

My father hasn't been home since claiming that he has some sort of meeting out of town.

we were now sitting for lunch break at school.

It was me, ish, Linda and Mattheo.

It looks like both Linda and Mattheo have gotten closer than before.

"so I was thinking" Linda started a conversation "we're doomed" Mattheo said before she can continue.

"oh come on it's a good idea" she defended her self  "don't be like that, let her say what's on her mind" ish defended her as well.

"Thank you anyway, since you boys haven't been to the devils house for a while I was thinking we could go and check out the new updates" she finished.

"wait what updates?" me and Mattheo said at the same time "yeah what updates?" Aisha joined in.

"they made the race track bigger so it can fit 3 cars at a time, they fixed the seats and added a changing room for the drivers oh and a cafeteria as well" she listed all the new things.

damn.

"damn all that" ish said in a surprised tone.

"some say it's under new management" Linda said as she got up.

"wait who's the new owner" I got up after her while helping ish up as well.

"john's father I think" she walked off after that.

I'm going to kill him.

Mattheo didn't say anything he just waved at Aisha and left.

"how long do you think he'll ignore me for?" I asked " I really don't know, when he heard that you were in the hospital he had a panic attack and left the class room, I couldn't find him after he left" she stated.

with that we walked to our classes I had math and she had English.

After school Aisha dropped me off at my therapy session.

I hated them, always the same questions.

'how are you?' or 'what happened today?' or 'why did you do it?'.

I just sit there and let them ask their questions for an hour and 30 minuets, they talk and I listen.

I thought it was the other way around.

I went in and sat down on a chair, the session was with doctor April today.

"hello Theodore, how have you been?" no answer  " not answers again I see" still no answer.

"I talked to your mother the other day and got a little bit of info about you" I only stared at her.

"so your friend Jason, Jason west if I'm correct" suddenly the air started to fade and it was hard to breath, April was talking, but I couldn't hear a single thing.

I couldn't breath.

I got up and out the door into the streets and started walking far away form the building, I think I walked for an hour.

I arrived at the grave yard and walked till I reached the only head stone that I cared about.

Jason west
2006-2022

"hey man" I said as I removed some tree branches away from  the ground so I can sit.

"how's everything? all good?" I asked as if there's someone to answer "I keep forgetting you're dead " I laughed a little.

"so my therapist mentioned your name and I stopped breathing for a second" I looked around at the trees.

"Mattheo's not talking to me, he has every right to  do so anyways, you've been dead for 474 days, but who's counting".

"why did you do it? huh? you just had to" I come here every month and say the same thing every single time.

"I can't get your dead body out of my mind, the image never leaves" I wanted to leave, but I just couldn't.

my phone rang.

It was my mother.

"si mama" I answered "oh thank god you're alright" she said from the other end.

I hate myself for making her worry.

"yeah I'm okay" I repeated "where are you?" she asked "I'll be home in an hour don't worry about me" I answered shortly.

"alright I'll be waiting for you" with that she hang up and I made my way home.

..........................................................

foggy020sheep