X

TW //  RACISM (two very subtle remarks)

・❥・

They didn't bother to throw on anything fancy other than jeans and a button-up.
The drive their wasn't a dramatic one, however, in the parking spot outside of the building, they started having second thoughts.

Not for long though.

They walked in the building with pep in their step and an eventual foot cramp causing them to tumble a bit in front of the secretary.
Embarrassed, they chuckled awkwardly and raised a hand and approached the woman at the desk who had an disgusted look on her face.

"May I help you?" She eyed them.

"...Yeah. I need to speak to Nanami."

"He's a bit busy right now, do you have a meeting with him?"

"Why do I need to have a meeting to see my co-worker? I see him every day."

"I..I'm sorry, I don't think I've seen you before. What's your name?" She nervously chuckled.

"Y/n L/n. I'm the main reason this place is still on it's feet since your last accountant almost made ya go bankrupt."
"Ring a bell?" They slammed a fist on the desk.

Based off the way she looked startled, they may have gone a bit far. Not that they cared too much anyway, for some reason, they never liked the woman like that.

"R-right! Sorry. Um, I really can't let you see him right now. He said he doesn't want to be bothered.."

"Funny, neither did I, but here I am being called back into work to talk to him over some dumb shit."
"Where is he?" They sighed tiredly.

"I cannot disclose that information with you, ma'am."

Now they were getting irritated, it bothered them enough that they had to speak to him instead of laying down in their bed eating sweets.

"Listen here, I've just 'bout had it with you and your rough-faced no neck havin'—"

"Even when you're not on duty, you have no filter when talking to people in a workplace." Nanami's disappointed voice echoed.

They snapped their neck around and saw him standing behind them with the most unsatisfied look known to man.
He stood tall behind their bad postured frame, and looked down condescendingly at them.

"Don't look at me like that, I could be slump in between silk sheets right now, but I'm not."

"And who was the one who wanted to discuss the ev—"