Xtra! XXI

a/n. in honor of nanami's birthday 🥰🥰 - 7.3.23

TW // SMOKING + DRINKING

・❥・

Y/n huffed, because Nanami was working overtime, they had to work overtime as well. They didn't mind having to since it beat having to fight curses this late, but the only thing that bothered them about staying with him, was that it was his birthday. It would not only mark almost a decade since their breakup, but the first birthday in a decade that Y/n decided to celebrate it. Well, it was initially Gojo's idea, and he just shared the idea with them, and Lillianah, and since Y/n was the closest (in proximity) to him, they were the one who had to set it up.
That was, without spoiling the surprise.

"Um... Nanami." They slowly treaded into his office, peeking their head inside.

"What?" He looked up, rubbing his temples and putting a file down.

"...You, uh, got a minute?"

"No."

Well that backfired, they were backed into a corner, so there was no other way to get him to his surprise besides spoiling the surprise. Indirectly that is.

"Well you do now. A few coworkers wanna go out drinking." Y/n stood in front of his desk, crossing their arms.

"Seriously? I don't drink." He narrowed his eyes at them, leaning back in his chair.

"That's a damn lie. You're probably the heaviest drinker I've ever met besides me."

"Y/n, go tell them I'm not going out. It's already well past six, and I refuse to waste anymore time." He scowled, pointing to his office door as he spoke.

"Hmm, how 'bout no? You're going." They put their hands on his desk, leaning in front of him as they spoke.

"The last time either of us went out, you drank too much."

"I wasn't drunk. And I know what happened that day, stop complaining about it to me when you know damn well you enjoyed it."

Nanami opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself, once Y/n was on a roll, they weren't stopping. Besides, they had a point. He did enjoy it, more than he should've at that. He sighed, putting an elbow on his desk and covering his face with his hand.

"Just give in."
"...Wait, you are giving in, right?" She raised an eyebrow, leaning back a little as she looked for confirmation.

"I guess, Y/n." Nanami sighed, glancing down at his papers.

"Give me like, five more minutes, then we'll go."

A sigh of relief would leave Y/n's lips when turning around, going to sit at one of his guest chairs and crossing her legs as they waited for him. They pulled out their phone and messaged the two who were supposed to set up.

operation nanamin's birthday 🥳 🎂🎉🎊

lill❤️❤️
gojo please stfu
read 6:23p.m.

🧿🧿😐
IM SO SERIOUS.
read 6:24p.m.

y/n l/n
i did it 😮‍💨