XIII

・❥・

・❥・

One thing Y/n didn't expect is for the lady at the front desk to call them at five in the morning about "a child that belongs to you".

They were confused at first and went down to the lobby dressed in nothing but some silk pajamas and a robe.
Looking around, they didn't see anything before the lady pointed at a small table where the child sat patiently.

And they knew exactly who he belonged to.

Minus the birthmark on his right eye, he resembled his father quite well.

"Hey little fella," Y/n yawned, approaching him.

"How long you been out here?"

He shrugged.

They forgot he wasn't much of a talker, and sighed,
leading him to their abode.
This was their first time ever just watching the kid, and they never took care of their own minus Megumi (who was always a hassle). And still never grasped the idea of "parenting".

Who drops their own child off and expects someone to watch it for them?

Their ex apparently.

They watched him waddle over to the living area and point to the television, and they did nothing but turn it on and leave him be.

Or maybe this would be easier than they thought.

It almost shocked them to see that the smallest thing could distract a small child for so long.
Unless said child was hungry, which was unfortunate for them who wasn't very fond of cooking.

He was whining about being hungry (constantly tugging on their pant leg and pointing somewhere in the kitchen), which wasn't very simple for them.
Until someone was banging on their door.

"Y/n, you need to-" Their friend busted open the door.

"....Who baby is that?"

"Take a guess." They tried to pull him off.

Her face dropped and was more shocked than they wanted her to be.

"NANAMI HAS A KID?"

"WHAT?"
"Lil' how did you even get to that conclusion."

"Well, I dunno."
"YOUR EX HAS A KID?" She flipped back.

"Door's right there you know." They pointed.