XI

TW // DEATH (nearly)

・❥・

A smile and a nod.

That was all they replied back with.

Their signature, make-guys-fall-to-their-knees, sweet hearted, full of emotion smile. And an affirming nod.
Even if it didn't work on him like it used to, it still convinced him that they understood.

"Can I go now? I can feel my stomach caving in." Y/n whined.

"...Is food all your worried about?" He sighed, moving away from them.

"Sure, lets go with that."

They stood up and waved him off, allowing him to enjoy the rest of his stressful evening at the office.
Not that they cared anyway.

Once again, they were sitting in their car while the sun set across from them contemplating everything.
They knew exactly what he meant by if they needed help, and normally, they have somebody to do that for them.
And that someone—who they reach out to every once in a while—was out taking care of a whole child for fucks sake. (Which was funny to them, not to much him.)

But Nanami?
The man who was always known to have his mind set on work and nothing else?
The man they "hated" with every fibre of their being? (and who was to say that they didn't mind hate-fucking...)

No.
Forget that.
Food was their top priority at the moment, and it was needed urgently before something got blown up.

That was before a curse landed in front of them on their windshield, standing there.
Just.
Breathing.

It's arms were sprawled over the hood of their car, inhaling and exhaling with its tongue all lolled out.
Disgusting sight really.

'What the fuck is this...'

To top it all off, it was hideous.
They thought that about pretty much every curse they've encountered.
But this one was just straight up butt-ugly.
Two options: Kill it now, or wait till it does something.
They couldn't just kill a curse without any benefit, for all they know, it hasn't done anything to harm them. Besides, it's too hard of work anyway (even though exorcising it took just as much effort.)

"So, little ugly thing, what're you doin' here?"

No reply.

The longer it just sat there doing nothing, eyeballs all big and tongue all out, the uglier it got.
It was making them sick. Literally.
Reaching for their phone in slow and cautious movement, it shrieked at them, leading them to cover their ears in fright just for the curse to then disappear.
Left in shock, they had no time to react or even escape when the curse suddenly dropped from mid-air, crushing them and the car in the process.