XII

・❥・

・❥・

The sun was up, and so was Y/n.
And Megumi.

He was sitting across from them tapping away at his phone, and it aggravated them that he wouldn't tell them was he was doing.
But it was an arm for a leg.

They were both waiting for the doctor to come in and let them go, but they had been waiting for a while now, after all, visiting hours just began.

"Gojo won't stop complaining about you not showing up to have us train." He gritted his teeth.

"I was busy."

"And by that you mean you forgot?"

"Of course."

"You hungry?" He changed the subject.

"No. But thanks for the food yesterday." They ruffled his hair.

"What food?" He shoo'd their hand.

They looked at him confused, and lightly hit him assuming he was kidding.

"The food Nanami brought yesterday."
"The chicken tenders, rice, soda, and ume?"

He looked at them with even more confusion, just as lost as they were.

"I.. didn't order any food? The only thing I got were those stale ass chips."
"Nobara and Itadori were already outside by the time I got out there."

Then it hit him.
He made a face and tried to hide his laughter.
Obviously, they didn't take it as funny and their eye twitched at his reaction.

"Don't think I won't kick your ass right here."

He tried to fix his face but his laughter was preventing him from keeping a straight face.
Megumi hunched over and started chuckling into his lap.

"Megumi Fushiguro. I dare you to let out as much as a giggle. You are smart enough to know, there is nothing—"

"Nanami?"
"Stone-faced, aloof, and dry Nanami?"

"You 'bout to be the next one in this hospital bed, keep playing."

"S-sorry." He snickered.

They stared at him as he was on the brink of breaking.
He was holding on for dear life trying not to break himself.

"I get so sick of you and your.. ways." They punched his arm, harder this time.