1. The talk

I close my laptop and sigh and keep my head on the headrest of my very comfortable chair. I really thank the people who made this chair or my back would have died right by now. I am sure about it because before this chair my back hurt almost on daily basis. I close my eyes and massage my head a little. 

No wonder I have such a high number of spectacles spending all day in front of my laptop or sketchbooks or I am using my phone. I should definitely try to use it as less as I can. My phone rings and I sit straight and look at the number and time. 

"Hello" I said answering the call worry quiet evident in my voice. Its almost 10 in the night. He should not be calling me now. 

"Hello ma'am, sorry for calling you so late in the night" voice of my employee, Sarthak came in and he was sounding a lot nervous

"No problem. Is everything alright" I asked in a soft voice. He is a smart guy but even after working for three years with me he is still a lot timid.

"Yes ma'am. Its just the client Ghanshani's were calling to ask about the designs" he said weakly and I frowned. Were they calling him so late in the night?

"When did they call you" I asked opening my laptop to check about their schedule. I don't really miss the schedule of delivery of designs to client. Maybe I missed something

"They called me fifteen minutes ago." He said and I checked the schedule. I have marked their schedule for day after tomorrow. I took a deep breath and closed my laptop shut a little harsher than necessary

"Tell them it is not appropriate to call you so late in the night and there is still more than a day in their schedule." I said and heard an okay from his side. He was sounding very nervous and I am sure he will sit in the night to complete their design.

"And don't worry if they call you again. Give them my number I will talk to them. You just go to sleep" I said in a tired voice and heard an okay from him before I disconnected the call. The clients sometimes get too excited and forget about the time before calling us.

I start packing my stuff for the day. I am the last one left in my office now. I should head back home now. Mummy and Papa must be still awake and worrying about me. I should call them and tell them that I am leaving from here.

"Hello" Mummy's worried voice comes after just a ring and I smile. As usual sitting by the phone for my call.

"Sorry mummy. I again lost track of time" I said picking up my bag and heading outside closing the door of my cabin and locking it

"Its okay. When are you leaving from your office" she asked and I connected my phone to earphones and I had to still lock the rest of office space.

"I am just at the door of the office" I said and heard a noise from my side and I turn around with my bad in ready position to be swinged at the person. 

"It is me madam" The gatekeeper, Ramesh uncle said and I took a breath of relief. 

"You are here" I asked and he nodded his head 

"Navika, Navika" I heard the voice of mummy and looked at my phone and replied to her.

"Yes" I said and felt mummy took a breath of relief too

"Everything is okay?" She asked 

"Ji. I m coming only. Will talk to you after reaching home. Bye" I said and disconnected the call. I looked at Ramesh uncle standing there with a small frown on his face and he was looking around

"Is it your night duty today" I asked and he nodded his head 

"Okay, will you close the main door? Please. I am getting late" I said showing him the key in my hand and he nodded his head and I gave him the keys before moving to my car to leave for my home now. 

..............

I enter the living room and see mummy sleeping on the sofa. I move towards her with a smile on my face. She must have dozed off while waiting for me. I hold her head slightly with my hands and lay her down properly on the sofa and cover her with the shawl lying near her.

I head to the kitchen and heat up the dinner and bring it outside. I did first wash my hands though before touching the food. Mummy is a germophobic so Papa and I always remember washing hands or we don't get food.

"You should have woke me up" I heard a voice as I exited the kitchen with food in my hand and saw mummy sleepily looking around. 

"Its okay. Just go to your room and sleep" I said to mummy as I sat on the dining table with my food

"Okay" she said nodding her head and started walking to her room in a lazy way. I chuckled and looked at my food

"Yes but do remember to talk to your father in the morning before leaving for your office" She said as she reached the gate of her room

"Okay" I said as I continued eating my food. Why does he urgently want to talk to me and about what? I thought different things Papa could want to talk about as I finished my dinner. 

...............

I move downstairs and stand still in the way holding my bag with a tight clutch. So after a long evaluation last night with my thoughts and I. I finally understood why Papa must want to talk to me about. 

I am almost 28 and I am on the very part of the age where not being married in India is a problem and a headache for both boys and girls. He was talking to his friends these days about me. It must be him finding a guy for me only

"Papa" I said knocking on the door of my parents and heard a faint come in. I sneak in the room and see Papa sitting on the couch with a book in his hands

"Come in" papa said again when he saw me sneaking in and I gave a small smile and walked to him.

"What are you reading" I asked sitting beside him. I know that the book will most probably be about history or poems.

"Poetry" he said and I grinned.

............

Here is the first Chapter for you all with slight changes.

I hope you all like it

Please vote, comment and share

Thankyou 🥰🥰