20. What is happening?

Happy Rakshabandhaan everyone! 🥰🤗 I hope you all have a joyful and fun festival with you brothers and sisters.

..............

I sit in the living room with Shipra bhabhi as she tries to feed Pratik. I smile as Pratik looks at me with searching eyes and he hides in bhabhi's embrace the very next second making both of us chuckle.

"He is generally shy around girls" Bhabhi said as she sat him up properly and continued feeding him and I nodded my head.

Pratik is the youngest kid in the house. He is only 7 months old now and is quite sick from the day he is born due to pre mature labor. Bhabhi and bhaiya have been constantly taking care of him and I guess bhabhi is much more relaxed as she herself is a gynecologist.

"You don't go to hospital daily" I asked as I remembered the hectic schedule of bhabhi when we met in the starting though it has been 6 years to that.

"No, I don't go daily now. I only take few patients a month for now" she said and I nodded my head and focused on Pratik as he moved a little towards me and I took him in my arms.

"I guess all the kids in the house end up loving you" Urvashi bhabhi said as she came out of the kitchen with a smile and I smiled at her as I played with Pratik

"Yeah, I remember how Advika was stuck to her in Akshit and Gargi's wedding" Shipra bhabhi said as she munched on the fruit platter that Urvashi bhabhi brought just now.

"She was just one year old back then but she still remembers her" Urvashi bhabhi said and I smiled as I remembered the day. My phone rang and I moved and Shipra bhabhi took Pratik from me. I picked up my phone and saw it was Arjun calling.

"Hello" I said answering the call and excusing myself from sitting in between the bhabhi's

"Can you please bring my lunch upstairs" he said and I heard some typing sounds from the background

"Sure" I said nodding my head. He is very busy today when I went in the room after breakfast he was looking too focused working on his laptop.

"Bhabhi, can I take my and Arjun's lunch upstairs" I asked looking at both the bhabhi's as soon as I disconnected the call.

"Ofcourse, you don't have to ask" Shipra said and I smiled and walked in the kitchen and prepared the lunch for both of us before carrying it upstairs.

I stop in the front of the door and push it slightly with my elbow to open it as my hand were already full. The door opens a bit and I kick it further and go inside holding the plate. I stop as soon as I look up at the beautiful scene in front of me.

Arjun was sitting there on the bed with a small table for his laptop and folded legs. He was wearing his specs and was typing something on the laptop. His hands moved on the laptop and he looked surreal in his environment.

"Navika" Arjun called me breaking my thoughts and I concentrated back to the reality and kept the plates on the bed and got in the bed and sat beside him.

"Here" I said passing him his plate and he gave me a smile as he took the plate from me. I kept my plate in front of me and waited for him to start

"You are not going to eat?" I asked when he didn't start eating even after some minutes

"I am very hungry but I just need to finish this up" he said giving me a glance and again moving to look back at his computer. I gave a small sad smile to him and started eating from my plate.

I took the first bite in my mouth and saw Arjun's concentrated face and sighed as I made a bite for him this time and moved my hand closer to his mouth.

"Eat" I said pointing him to the bite in my hand and he opened his mouth looking at me intensely. I made more bites and kept feeding him and myself. The food in my plate finished and I saw Arjun pick up his plate and keep it down next to mine.

"Aah" Arjun said opening his mouth as he kept his plate in front of me and I smiled and continued feeding him. He just sat there eating his food with a smile on his face all the while

"Done" I said as I fed Arjun the last bite and he gave me a smile and held my hand as I kept sitting next to him smiling from the cute moment we just shared.

He leaned in and softly kissed my forehead as I got ready to leave the room. His kiss felt so warm in the cold weather and I felt relaxed and warm till inside. I gave him a shy smile before turning back and leaving the room.

............

I walk in the dressing area with a mood to arrange my stuff here. I have some heavy suits and lehanga and sarees that I don't think will be useful in Bangalore and mummy ji also suggested that it would be better if I only carry the useful stuff as I already have a lot of stuff to shift.

I open the bag with the lehanga first and sigh seeing them. They all are really so beautiful. I would have loved if I could have wore them in the marriage but there weren't enough functions in the ceremony. I open the closet and scream a but as I see Arjun standing inside.

"What are you doing in the closet?" I asked as I came back from the shock and passed a weird look to him

"I am hiding" he said and looked outside with a mischievous expression on his face

"Why are you hiding" I asked and looked in the direction he was looking at to find what scary thing is he hiding from

"I am" he started but stopped as another voice came in

"Chachu" Advika's voice came from outside and I opened my mouth to reply but the next second I was standing inside the cupboard with him. He had his one hand on my mouth and the other wrapped around my waist.

He closed the door of the closet leaving my mouth while I just blinked at him shocked. He pulled me closer as we hear some footsteps coming inside and I keep my hands on his shoulder to stop crushing my chest into his completely

I coughed when I saw him looking anxious and not even realizing the position we were standing in. He looked down at me and loosened his grip on my waist a bit and I moved back a little away from him looking embarrassed

"Chachu" Advika's voice came again but this time it sounded like she was standing right outside the closet. He again held my waist tightly and pulled me closer to him. I couldn't understand the sudden pull and ended up falling on him with my lips landing right on his neck

I stood shocked as his hands squeezed my waist a little and I moved to look up at his face only to realize the squeeze on my waist was not from nervousness of getting caught by Advika but rather about our closeness. I see him looking down at me.

I blink as I feel him pulling me a bit more closer and I try to understand his expressions from the faint light coming in the cupboard from the slight open door. I freeze in my place as I see him leaning down and feel his breath fanning my face. I close my eyes waiting for it to happen.

.............

Here's the chapter for today

Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment

Thankyou 🥰 🥰