6. The Date

I am video calling my only two friends to inform them about my marriage. I, Priyanka and Abhinav have been friends since the first year of college. We became friends because all three of us were day scholars.

It was the first day of college and only us three were standing outside our classroom gate looking completely clueless. It was the moment we talked and became friends immediately.

"Hi" Priyanka said picking up the call and had a bright smile on her face.

"What is happening" she asks raising her eyebrows. I don't usually make calls, let alone video calls.

"Wait a minute, let Abhinav join too. I want to tell something to both of you together" I said smiling and biting my lip. It is a very big news

Abhinav joined up a minute later "Hello people" he said and we smiled saying a hello to him too

"Why this sudden video call" he asked the same question

"Navika has something to tell us" she said and Abhinav nodded and I guess turned to look at me in his phone

"So I am getting married" I said very slowly looking at them with a nervous expression

"What the fuck" Priyanka shouted and jumped a little in her position

"How? When? What is happening?" Abhinav asked looking puzzled

I told them about my parents asking me to meet Arjun and then our meeting. Me saying yes and the Roka ceremony, everything.

They both looked very happy and congratulated me and they both were still very shocked that how did I say yes

"Why didn't you tell us this before?" Abhinav said and I just shook my head.

"It all just happened in some days and it was kind of confusing to tell anyone" I said with a normal face.

"Leave it, now I won't be the only married one" Priyanka said happily and we both chuckled. She got married only last year with her boyfriend of 12 years.

Priyanka and Rithik have been together since they were in school and they are so cute together. Either they are being adorable or bickering

..............

Pankaj uncle and Madhuri aunty were at my house today to the fix the date of marriage. It has been a week since our Roka ceremony. Arjun has already returned to Bangalore.

We both have not talked much since we both are busy with our jobs. We chat once or twice everyday about normal things but nothing more. It was not something I imagined doing with my fiancé. I always thought I would be lovey dovely with him all day.

Mummy called on my phone and asked me to come downstairs. I reached the living room and saw my mom and dad discussing something. I think uncle and aunty have already left. I walked towards them sat on the sofa beside mummy and looked at both of them with a confused face.

"The date we are thinking of fixing for your marriage is December 18th" dad said and I looked at him with my eyes and mouth wide open.

"But Papa it is only a month away. How can I get married in just a month." I said shocked and a little louder than necessary

"It is alright. We will arrange everything for the marriage. You don't worry" mom said caressing my hand and I gave her a look

"I am not worried about arrangements. I am worried that it is too fast. I don't want to leave so fast." I said looking at mom. Hoping she might understand what I mean but she just looks away.

"It is not fast. The other dates are in April and it is far away" dad said and stood up and walked back to his room. He always does this when he doesn't have any logical reason.

"Mummy please make Papa understand April is not far away and I am not getting married this early." I said looking at mom with teary eyes. I don't want to leave home just now. Its way too fast for everything and everyone

"Beta you know how he is once he makes up his mind he is not going to listen" mom said now side hugging me. My phone rang and I looked at the screen to see it was Arjun calling. I excused myself and went to my room. I picked up the call.

"Hello" his deep voice came making my body shiver

"Hi" I said in a low voice trying to smile but couldn't

"I learned about the date of the marriage. Are you okay with it?" He asked sounding soft and concerned

"I just think it is too fast. I don't want to leave this early" I said honestly to him and shook my head

"I can talk to your father about it. I think he will listen." He said in a soft voice

"I tried convincing him he is being stubborn and just not listening" I said again feeling the tears about to come out

"We can live in Delhi for two months after the marriage. I will work from home. We can even live at your house" he said and a small smile appeared on my face. He really is very sweet.

"No you don't have to do that. It's okay I'll see" I said with that small smile on my face

"Are you sure? I can still talk to uncle" he said

"Or you could just shift to Delhi" I said now just teasing him. There is no point fixating on the date. Papa is never going to listen.

"I could do that but first I have to find a new job. That might take time would you be okay to live alone with my family for some weeks?" he said sounding serious. I chuckled and smiled at how sweet he is.

"You don't have to do anything. It is my problem and I will find a way to deal with it" I said. I feel good talking to him. He is ready to even shift for me even though he loves living alone.

"It is not just your problem. It is ours and we will find a way to deal with it together" he said and I felt my heart skip a beat at his words.

............

Here is another chapter for you all.

Sorry for posting a little late than my usual time.

Do vote, comment and share

Thank-you 🥰🥰