4. The Answer

Our food had already arrived. I ordered pasta for myself and he ordered a plate of chole bhature. My food looks yummy but his food looks yummier. I should have gone for indian cuisine too. I think looking at his plate.

Now I wish he was my friend and we would have known each other well from before I would have just shared it with him without asking and being manner less. And mummy specifically asked me to be gracious.

"You want a bite" he asked shifting his plate towards me as I think he must have seen me eyes on his plate. What he must be thinking about me now?

"No, I am good" I said and shook my head and continued eating my pasta. I looked and saw him making a face

"You sure, it is very tasty" he said shifting the plate more closer to me and I bit my lip. It is just too tempting. Maybe I can eat a bite. I pout at the dish and shake my head again. He will think I am manner less.

"Have it" he said now shifting his plate completely at my side. It is just too tempting. I can be mannered some other time.

"Just a bite because you are insisting" I said putting a bite in my mouth. It is just too tasty. I look at him and he is just shaking his head smiling looking at the table.

"You want some too" I asked shifting my plate towards him now.

"Why do you think I asked you" he asked grabbing a spoonful and putting it in his mouth. He is definitely sweet. We continue chatting with each other for a while until we realize that it is getting late and take leave from each other and go back to our houses.

............

I ring the doorbell of my house and mummy open it in in just a second. I look at her and smile. She looks at me with a nervous expression as I get inside and close the door to my house.

"Did you like him" mummy asks as soon as I close the door and I give her a look of derision with a smile on my face

"I enjoyed today but I need time to think about it" I said and mummy's face became dull and she looked inside with a sad expression

I open my mouth but close it of not being sure of what to say. I mean I can understand her side too but my side is not wrong too. He has a good family and job and was actually able to communicate with me without making me nervous.

"She needs time" I heard mummy's voice and came out of my thoughts and looked at her. Papa was outside now too.

"Okay as she wishes" he also said with a sad expression and I made a face. He was nice to spend time with maybe I should just say yes. It's okay I maybe can manage to suppress my feelings about love at first night and arrange marriages

"His answer was yes by the way" papa said and I snapped my head towards him. My eyes locked with mummy and I blushed and looked down at the floor.

"By the look on your face I don't think you will take a lot of time" mummy said in a teasing tone and I gave her a look

"Beta, think once more. Pankaj said Arjun was excited to know your answer too" papa said and I looked at him with blush and hesitation both

"Okay, I will marry him" I said after thinking of some scenarios in my head and realizing saying yes was the best one. Mummy and Papa will be happy too and Arjun was really genuinely nice and easy to talk with.

............

I lie down on my bed and start thinking about the things that happened today. I met a guy for marriage and liked him and said yes even though I don't like the concept of believing that love can happen in minutes. My phone pings and I open it to see a message from Arjun

Hi

Hello

I replied and waited some time for his reply.

So are you happy with your
answer

His reply came after a minute and I kept my phone aside to think about his question

I am okay with it. I don't have
any problems with it

Okay

Are you okay with it?

I asked thinking about all the book I have read on arranged marriages till now. It's always the guy who has bigger problems with marriage.

I am happy with it

I smiled at his reply and kept my phone down unsure of how or what to reply to this. My phone pinged again and I opened to see it was Arjun only

See you tomorrow

Tomorrow? What is tomorrow? I start to type and ask him about it when I hear a knock on my door and I get up to open it. Mummy was standing outside my door with a smile on her face.

"Arjun and his family will be coming for your Roka tomorrow" she said and I smiled at her

"What about all the arrangements" I asked as I knew she will surely wake me up early in the morning to arrange all the stuff along side papa

"We will manage. You just worry about your clothes for tomorrow" she said and I nodded and gave a look towards my closet.

"Good night" she said and left from there. I closed the gate to my room and opened the door of my closet.

.............

Another chapter for you all. Hope you all enjoy this too.

Do vote, comment and share

Thankyou🥰🥰